• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The ball was incredibly slow, again not so much Wilson’s fault but our piggies aren’t accurate or just effective enough in blasting away defenders at the ruck. It’s a size issue for sure. That didn’t help Bowen at all. I thought he was pretty good late as well, we had more than enough opportunities to win that.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Fuck me dead. First game I have got to watch of the 20s but surely we have a better hooker. He can’t fucking throw

It’s the same story. Almost couldn’t hit the side of a bus.
Side note - why are they opting for the 5m lineout that we consistently haven’t hit for a scrum that’s going well so far?

In a country where League is the dominant rugby code, that's an issue

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Really should have done more with that last play too surely? Vaihu overplayed his hand instead of making space on the outside for his winger I felt.
Yep. Phases would have done it like the first half when they went 15+ before the 8 scored.

Defences all start to break down and tire no matter how good.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Very impressed with O’Donnell and thought Ryan and Vaihu tried hard. We just lacked some big running forwards until JB came on. England did well to slow down most rucks.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I only watched the first half but a draw is pretty admirable from what I saw. England with Cunningham-South & Chessum were monsters against our boys, I expected a blow out, we looked like we were struggling.

Good work boys, went well against more experienced set ups.

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
IMG_6104.png

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 13? Interesting, I thought he had a pretty poor game.
Yes thats David Vahiu another anointed child star who has done nothing of note to earn this jumper. He completely blew the game for them by failing to pass on the inside with 3 unmarked team mates in support. I also felt Jack Bowen has been very disappointing this tournament, Aussies looked good with H.M.P @ 10. Vahiu is a classic example of a big islander child at 14 and 15 years of age dominating his age group and getting the saloon passage through the under age rep teams. It is a sad indictment of Australian rugby that this continues to happen.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yes thats David Vahiu another anointed child star who has done nothing of note to earn this jumper. He completely blew the game for them by failing to pass on the inside with 3 unmarked team mates in support. I also felt Jack Bowen has been very disappointing this tournament, Aussies looked good with H.M.P @ 10. Vahiu is a classic example of a big islander child at 14 and 15 years of age dominating his age group and getting the saloon passage through the under age rep teams. It is a sad indictment of Australian rugby that this continues to happen.

In the first game where McLaughlin-Phillips started at 10 he struggled and Vaihu was our best player so... swings and roundabouts.