• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Uni of Western Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
so i've already heard from two or three on here with links to UWS, just wondering if theres any more? especially peeps who are still there or involved somehow. I know that theres a bunch of HAC boys here so i won't deal with them but especially anyone at the penrith trio of campii(?) and possibly parramatta who want a good social team to get going.

PS i noticed at an O week stand HAC have started going at it, so this idea may not last even with support from the guys at NSWRU and NSWSRU

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'll just post again here that I'm a part-time lecturer on the Kingswood Campus.

Is it not possible to work with HAC, rather than against them? They would have a lot of infrastructure set up, and if the UWS Kingswood team were playing in a different comp, there might not be any direct competition?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
we could, in fact that was the original thought, but they were overly protective in just a passing comment of the idea and i think if that would occur they would overtake an idea. I might try and organise a meeting with the admins of the club , maybe at the same time i meet up with the subbies admins im talking to.

I should probs introduce myself too, 2nd year full time student, industrial design

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
What competition would the team compete in? And what about facilities?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
probs one of the lower division subbies comps i think. Theres a brand new gym and stuff right next to an unused rugby field at the penrith campus, unsure how good it is, but theres other fields around, like ones up the road from parra campus or somewhere in nirimba campus etc. im still working on alot, early times yet. but ive spoken to mark green, jim lestrange and michael doyle and they seem fairly supportive of it. Ive also spoken to christian burden who is Senior Development Manager, Office of Development at UWS and he seems to be willing to help, hes also a former coach of the illawarra rep side from what i've been told. I think the HAC mob are going on an offensive defence with advertising at kingswood now, but we'll see what happens.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
not my sign, its HAC advertising now that they found out about me...

either way, its getting rugby onto the campus and hopefully into the so called "developing student culture" crap.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Are HAC really being that aggresive? I dont know how many players you'll find at the Parramatta campus but there isnt much competition at all from other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.