• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

unsettling the lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
every time the wallabies go to south africa we hear about planes being delayed, bags lost/stolen
in argentina harris had lasers pointer at his face while kicking
now let me explain im the first to shake my head when people boo the kickers in a team but i do quite like the idea of making the lions tour very uncomfortable for the lions players... i can see myself geting alot of enjoyment out of an appropriate prank on the lions team if i can find out where they are staying/ training... im not talking anything illegal but im sure we can have some fun with this.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
We used to land them in Queensland and they would acclimatise in the lovely sun shine of of the Far North.

Their sun burn made those early rucks challenging

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There's a waitress called Suzie, last seen in Johannesburg in 1995, that could be useful recruiting as the Dietary Advisor.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The best way to unsettle the Lions would be to change coaches

Good Idea. Give them a battered old Hills Bus Ltd job, rather than a flash Murrays Coaches one.
THNImg03_049112_470662527_091111.jpg

parramattaeppingbusservgl2.jpg

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
last lions tour my sister's boyfriend was working the bar at the Sheraton where they were staying. Try as I might he refused to slip them anything.

I remember when the Socceroos toured Uruguay and the local fans stayed up all night outside the hotel cheering, tooting air horns and generally making it impossible for anyone to sleep the night before the game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Good Idea. Give them a battered old Hills Bus Ltd job, rather than a flash Murrays Coaches one.
THNImg03_049112_470662527_091111.jpg

parramattaeppingbusservgl2.jpg
HJ - this is the sort of thing we should be doing, although what's with the pneumatic tyres on round wheels: sheer bloody luxury
Instead we'll give their supporters the best seats in the grounds, Murrays coaches, 5 Star accommodation, training facilities, etc.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
It won't matter as they won't be as unsettled as the Wallabies when Robbie has given his pre-match speech.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Just do what you guys did last time. Send them into a warm up match with the Waratahs where they can blatantly belt the crap out of them. The current crop might not have the fitness or technique to get it done though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
ACR: there was another story I heard about 2001.
The driver of the semi that carted the lions gear around had a connection to McQueen. Because he had their scrum machine etc he had to go to all their trainings.
He learnt their line out calls.
He passed them on.
So when harrison needed to win that lineout to secure the series the Wobblies knew where the ball was going.
Make of it what you will.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
A few ideas;
- Give the Lions mobile phones on the Vodafone network
- Shark diving at night
- Grant them membership of an outlaw motorcycle club
- Put them up in south-western Sydney or in the dorms at St Johns College in Sydney University
- Let Qantas baggage handlers know their flight numbers
- Get Susie over from South Africa as their dietician
- Visit to Dubbo Zoo in open top bus

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Get the Manager and Events Coordinator of the Altitude Bar in Queenstown NZ assigned to the Lions as the Tour Guide and Chaperone.

It worked with the Soap Dodgers at RWC11.

Status
Not open for further replies.