1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Vale Graham Galloway

Discussion in 'Parramatta' started by Blackers13, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Blackers13 Syd Malcolm (24)

Graham Galloway who played over 200 games for Parramatta in the 50's and 60's passed away on Saturday. Dad also played for NSW in 1954 and was on the 1st Australian Touring Football team of Fiji in 1953, and founded the Kings Old Boys Rugby Club.

There will be a memorial service at the Kings School Chapel on Monday (10/10/16) at 1pm.

http://tributes.smh.com.au/obituaries/smh-au/obituary.aspx?n=graham-galloway&pid=181727078

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  2. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

I remember him well, a very solid fullback and great goal-kicker who broke the hearts of Eastwood supporters too many times to recount!

Those were the days, when TKS boys played for Parramatta.
    p.Tah, 2bluesfan and Blackers13 like this.
  3. 2bluesfan Nev Cottrell (35)

Wam, I found this article that mentions Graham:
    https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=6uQDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2290,3863838&hl=en

It reinforces your recollection about Graham's goalkicking prowess against Eastwood but there is a "suggestion" that your memory of his playing position may be, ummm, perhaps incomplete. Still, back then most players had a certain degree of positional flexibility not often seen these days.
  4. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

Well, I'll be buggered. I think I am getting him mixed up with Maurie Graham in my memories.

But I do remember each of his goals against us. Or I remember the pain, anyway.

Interesting to note that Rod Phelps got a couple of points in the best and fairest, playing for Sydney University. He ended up playing for Parramatta. I assume because, as a dentist, he had his practice in the region.

That is what should still happen, or course, when the university boys graduate and move into the real world they should also move to a district club. Like Parra!
    2bluesfan likes this.
  5. 2bluesfan Nev Cottrell (35)

Some very famous names mentioned on that page.
  6. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

I played with Joe Small, he was a great guy. But the name above all names is, of course, K. Catchpole. He was also a great guy, and very generous in his support of grass roots rugby. Not to mention being in the top 5 Wallabies in my lifetime.