• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Pacific Nation Cup was held on the weekend at Box Hill, great day out and such a terrific initiative by Al Latu. This was the 5th year it had been played and Melbourne Kiwis took out the main cup over the Aussies. Tonga beat Fiji for the Bowl and I think Samoa beat Cook Islands for the plate.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
They won it last year.not sure how many Cookies were in there but fair play to them!

Absolutely, no issue here. The tournament is all a bit of fun but to put it into perspective there's only 20,000 of them in the Cook Islands so you'd imagine there wouldn't be more than a handful of them in Victoria who are good rugby players.

Which makes the fact they're playing in the rugby league World Cup next year simultaneously impressive and confusing.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Absolutely, no issue here. The tournament is all a bit of fun but to put it into perspective there's only 20,000 of them in the Cook Islands so you'd imagine there wouldn't be more than a handful of them in Victoria who are good rugby players.

Which makes the fact they're playing in the rugby league World Cup next year simultaneously impressive and confusing.

I think the rule in rugby league is that if you can point to a country on a map then you are allowed to play for that country.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)

Agree, good day out, good fun tournament and lots of community spirit. Pretty impressive watching the 6 teams unite arm in arm for the minute's silence during the welcoming address.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think the rule in rugby league is that if you can point to a country on a map then you are allowed to play for that country.

Aha, classic. Still, I'd love to see rugby's qualification rules relaxed wee bit.

For example, how awesome would it be to see Rodney So'oialo suiting up for Samoa alongside his brother? It's not like he's ever playing for the ABs again and that's just one example of many.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
Anyone heard anything about 2013?

Nothing yet, imagine it'll be pretty quiet for a while, season is barely done and there might be some junior rep rugby still to come - 16s only just finished and I"m not sure if that is the last tournament.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Nothing yet, imagine it'll be pretty quiet for a while, season is barely done and there might be some junior rep rugby still to come - 16s only just finished and I"m not sure if that is the last tournament.

I think it's all done mate.

I'd imagine from here it would go season review then break then looking forward to the new season a bit later. We won't know anything for a while, nobody wants a club kicking up a stink for a full 6 months before the season if they're unhappy with the Div they're in.

pablo

Darby Loudon (17)
I think it's all done mate.

I'd imagine from here it would go season review then break then looking forward to the new season a bit later. We won't know anything for a while, nobody wants a club kicking up a stink for a full 6 months before the season if they're unhappy with the Div they're in.

True that! Draft draws are usually out before xmas but if there is going to be significant change I can;t see us plebs getting any info for a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.