• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

VRU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
I think Saffy should have a run and even Neville. They both really could use a good 80 minute run, would be good if the Rebels told all players to attend there respective clubs games on Saturday afternoon.
Saffy played 80 minutes for Sydney Uni V Easts - full time 13-10 to Easts

doleq

Allen Oxlade (6)
No Roko for quins today. Reid played 80, got better as the game went on. Quins guilty of pushing passes in first half.

T

Train Without a Station

Not sure about that Kronic. Tom English was supposed to play for Melbourne Uni today, but Sydney Uni have not cleared him and apparently do not want to.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Melbourne started quickly against Moorabbin, scoring 2 tries in the first 15 minutes. I don't think Moorabbin touched the ball at all for the first 10-15 either.

Moorabbin in the 2nd half started to click and ran it from everywhere, it was quite an entertaining gamel

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i presume alex rokobaro didn't play because sydney uni failed to grant him a clearance also (as with tom english).

this situation shouldn't have arisen. have the rebels admin stuffed this up? because it has been known for months that the rebels players were going to play club footy in melbourne whenever possible and the clearances sought and arranged long ago.

i can understand players going back to their old clubs in shute shield, after the super season is finished, but not during. pat leafa played in canberra last year so how is he at manly now, saffy came from league, so why sydney uni on saturday ?

i think the rebels have to explain the criteria better

ps uni apparently took two tap penalties (right in front) instead of kicking for goal in the dying minutes of the game against southern ! FFS

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Rebels admin have not stuffed this up. A very weak coach has caved into player pressure and pressure from his old mates at Sydney Uni to back away from a Board directive and a commitment made to the community.
I also understand the ARU also sucking up to their Sydney Uni mates is putting pressure on the new interim Rebels CEO to allow all players from the Rebels to play in Sydney.
Unfortunately folks they do not give a rats arse about growing the game in Victoria.How Hill keeps his job is beyond me. He is a weak man , incredibly out of his depth.
If the full story re this ever comes out all will see ,it is the saddest chapter in the Rebels history.
The local Rugby community deserve better than what Hill and his Sydney Uni mates are forcing on the well intentioned people at the Rebels.
And don't be at all surprised if Hill finds his way back to Uni as a Coach next year.
The whole episode is disgraceful.

T

Train Without a Station

i presume alex rokobaro didn't play because sydney uni failed to grant him a clearance also (as with tom english).

this situation shouldn't have arisen. have the rebels admin stuffed this up? because it has been known for months that the rebels players were going to play club footy in melbourne whenever possible and the clearances sought and arranged long ago.

i can understand players going back to their old clubs in shute shield, after the super season is finished, but not during. pat leafa played in canberra last year so how is he at manly now, saffy came from league, so why sydney uni on saturday ?

ps uni apparently took two tap penalties (right in front) instead of kicking for goal in the dying minutes of the game against southern ! FFS

I believe Saffy, an Aus Schoolboys rep (?) Was originally a Sydney Uni Player prior to his NRL career.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

They had 3 PKs after the siren and all 3 of them were kickable from the reports I have heard.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Anyone Know why Melbourne has a Donkey as there mascot?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/552861_520824534642472_1671162751_n.jpg

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Games this weekend:

Melbourne v Box Hill
Harlequin v Footscray
End Hills v Sth Dist
Melbourne Uni v Moorabbin
Bye v Power House

Game of the round is Quins v Footscray without a doubt. Also there is a Rebel Rising v NSW Country game on at Quins after the 1st grade game.

Status
Not open for further replies.