• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wackiest Position Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Its the crazy season. Reveal your most radical selection/positional switch.

This is your chance to be Bob Dwyer and move 122 kg second rower Garrick Morgan to breakaway or contemplate moving your pacy elusive outside centre (Luke Inman) to the forward pack.

If Will Genia has a lock on halfback, what about Luke Burgess to fullback ? At 5'11" he's taller than JOC (James O'Connor). No Wallaby in recent memory has been better at moping up and cover defence. And he's expert at counter attack and injecting some x-factor into the attack.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't think it's completely wacky, but Nemali Nodolo (the man formerly known as Ratu) could be a good number 8.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
naza said:

This is your chance to be Bob Dwyer and move 122 kg second rower Garrick Morgan to breakaway or contemplate moving your pacy elusive outside centre (Luke Inman) to the forward pack.

If Will Genia has a lock on halfback, what about Luke Burgess to fullback ? At 5'11" he's taller than JOC (James O'Connor). No Wallaby in recent memory has been better at moping up and cover defence. And he's expert at counter attack and injecting some x-factor into the attack.

His kicking could be a slight problem

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Josh Holmes as 12 at this level?

Will Chambers as a maurading 6? Nah, 1.86m aint tall enough probably.

TPN as No 8!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Josh Holmes as 12 at this level?

Will Chambers as a maurading 6? Nah, 1.86m aint tall enough probably.

TPN as No 8!

Holmes looked better at 12 in club than he does as a 9

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
naza said:

His kicking could be a slight problem

His box kicking is erratic but his general kicking is not so bad. Its not as if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is Andre Joubert.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Berrick Barnes to fullback, Benn Robinson to halfback if every other halfback was injured). I also agree with TPN at number 8, I think he'd be great at that position.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
My position as 2nd funniest poster on this forum looks to be pretty fucking safe.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Beale and Cooper to Captain and Vice Captain

I think Barnes would be the best choice at fullback if Cooper could start to spend his wage rather than steal things.

TPN to 8

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
George Smith to 10. He does it anyway, might as well make it official.

Phil Waugh to the wing. Always scores there for the Tahs

Rod Kafer to front row

Most outrageous: Matt Giteau to 12. Who woulda thunk that?

C

chief

Toutai Kefu I believe played inside centre with brother Steve for one match.

Status
Not open for further replies.