• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia - Sunday 12 November - 4:15am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You would assume that Genia and Foley will slot straight back in if fit and healthy.

The interesting thing will be whether Beale reverts to 12, Hodge to the wing and Hunt to fullback or Hodge to 12 and Beale remains at fullback.

Either way I expect Kerevi will drop back to the bench or out of the 23.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hodge must be the first player chosen from now on. I assume that he will be on the wing, all things considered. But his kicking ability is so wonderful (potentially) that we just cannot afford not to have him on the pitch for 80 minutes, or until a game is well and truly won.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Bookies have Australia as only a slight favourite which is a little strange given the 12 match streak and the 11 games the Wallabies have played together since Wales last had a full strength team on the park in the six nations.

14 hours travel and 9 timezones the great leveller?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The odds depend to a fair extent on the weight of money. Possibly Welsh fans are optimistic, and putting their money where their hearts are, on their team.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Hodge must be the first player chosen from now on. I assume that he will be on the wing, all things considered. But his kicking ability is so wonderful (potentially) that we just cannot afford not to have him on the pitch for 80 minutes, or until a game is well and truly won.

I'm not sure I'd get that carried away. He'll be in the starting side but position wise he's probably not the first picked in any position. None of his kicks on the weekend were particularly difficult and Foley did have a 19/19 streak during the RC, Hodge also will inevitably have an off day with the boot. He's very valuable for kicks at touch etc but his kick offs were shit house.

T

TOCC

How about Hodge at 12, Kurtley at fullback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'd like to see:

1-3: Sio, Moore, Ala'alatoa
4-5: Coleman, Simmons
6-8: McCalman, Hooper, McMahon
9-10: Genia, Foley
11,14: Hodge, Koroibete
12-13: Hunt, Kuridrani
15: Beale

16-18: Kepu, TPN, Robertson
19-20: Phillip, Timani (although Hanigan will surely crawl his way in somehow)
21-23: Phipps, Kerevi, Speight

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'd like to see:

1-3: Sio, Moore, Ala'alatoa
4-5: Coleman, Simmons
6-8: McCalman, Hooper, McMahon
9-10: Genia, Foley
11,14: Hodge, Koroibete
12-13: Hunt, Kuridrani
15: Beale

16-18: Kepu, TPN, Robertson
19-20: Phillip, Timani (although Hanigan will surely crawl his way in somehow)
21-23: Phipps, Kerevi, Speight

Resting TPN?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
TPN had a long rest and a good pre-season from RC 2016 to the start of Super Rugby this year, and look what that's done for him! Moore needs to have his workload managed.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
How about Hodge at 12, Kurtley at fullback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't think it works with the Cheika/Larkham playmaker strategy. Hodge can't replicate Beales skills at 12 (though I think he has a shot at replicating Foley at 10 - though he's not close for now).

I wouldn't imagine that we will run the big bopper Fijian 3/4 line against Wales either. I would imagine, all things being equal and players being available and fit:
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Hodge
12 Beale
13 Kurindrani
14 Karoibete/Speight
15 Hunt

Thought to be fair Hunt does not seem particularly favoured either. DHP or Hodge at 15 then, with Speight to 11.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure I'd change much in the forwards, except I'd be tempted to keep Moore on the bench rather than Ulese as the Welsh will be looking at anything to motivate the players.

Except Ned. He can stay in the stands this week.

My backline would be

9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Hodge
12 Hunt
13 Kurindrani
14 Koroibete
15 Beale

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is DHP on tour? i thought he was out? I'm willing to bet that Hunt and Beale will both be playing a combination of 12/15 at the same time. Bet Hunt defends at 12, Beale at 15 and then Beale swaps with Foley a whole bunch as first receiver on attack with Hunt sitting wider out.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Referee​
official_92_photo.jpg
Glen Jackson (New Zealand)

Assistant 1​
official_73_photo.jpg
Jaco Peyper (South Africa)

Assistant 2​
Ian_Tempest_51554762.jpg
Ian Tempest (England)

TMO​
official_19_photo.jpg
Graham Hughes (England)

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think I would like to see Hunt at 12 & Beale at 15, where they will defend, although I think we can expect it all to be pretty fluid between Foley, Beale & Hunt. Hodge back to the wing for Speight, McCalman to 8, McMahon to 6. I would retain Hanigan on the bench, I know most disagree, but Timani just does nothing for me.

I wasn't nearly as excited about Kerevi as most, all he did was just run hard at small guys, which we know from Super rugby he does very well, but to me he's a bit of a one trick pony at this stage. Hopefully he develops a la Nonu! I think I would be giving Meakes a crack off the bench, with Phipps & Speight.

Status
Not open for further replies.