• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2017 Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
that unfortunately just covers the june international up to and including the final Lions v AIG's test on July 8. I'm looking for the full draw for the 2017 Rugby Championship....which even wikipedia doesn't have apparently either

All Blacks know when they are playing.

26 August 2017 v Australia, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
9 September 2017 v Argentina, Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth

16 September 2017 v South Africa, QBE Stadium, Auckland
http://www.allblacks.com/Pages/3934?layout=Fixtures

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
From the Roar:

http://www.theroar.com.au/rugby-union/fixtures/wallabies-fixtures/

2017 home Bledisloe Cup & Rugby Championship Tests
Date Time Teams Venue
19 Aug 8:00 PM Wallabies vs New Zealand ANZ Stadium, Sydney
9 Sep 8:00 PM Wallabies vs South Africa NIB Stadium, Perth
16 Sep 8:00 PM Wallabies vs Argentina TBC
21 Oct 8:00 PM Wallabies vs New Zealand Suncorp. Suncorp

New Zealand also only have their home fixtures listed QH. I suspect it's the other 2 countries dragging the chain. But it seems fairly apparent that us and NZ will play our away fixtures in SA and Arg on the 30th Sept and 7th Oct

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So every "full" TRC has opened with Aus v NZ & SA v Arg with the return matches the following week. I guess there's a chance of Arg v SA in Round 1 next year to add some variety. Mix it up a bit FFS!

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I think they should look at forming some more "combined" Lions type teams. It could become a tradition like the Lions and tour every 4 years to the other Southern Hemisphere countries. Could be something that really builds to be special.

eg

All Blacks vs British and Irish Lions
Wallabies vs American Lions (USA, Canada, Argentina, Uruguay)
Sth Africa vs European Lions (France, Italy, Georgia, Romania, Spain etc)

Or Pacific Island Lions (Fiji, Samoa, Tonga) + Japan

with those teams at full strength I don't think it would be an easy 3-0 whitewash and they would get stronger and stronger

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Getting pretty off topic but following from the "Lions" concept above, I would love to see a SANZAR Barbarians vs 6N Barbarians game as a one off. Pie in the sky stuff but it's nice to daydream.

Barbarians, as opposed to Lions as it would be a one off friendly in every sense of the words. Obviously aim to pick a strong side but try and get good representation from the lesser teams (ARG, ITA etc) in each group and obviously a few ring ins from outside those areas would be fine too. A Samoan or Japanese player in the SANZAR side and maybe a Georgian in the 6N one?

Also Barbarians to try and get the game played in a more BaBas spirit, open running rugby with a deal of enterprise taken when the opportunity permits.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Great news! Seeing as the Tahs don't play the Brumbies in Canberra this year, it looks like I can make my annual rugby trip to Canberra to watch the Wallabies.

I've also never been to a Pumas game so that is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.