• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I dont think Banks has been good enough to be selected ahead of Beale at 15, to be honest.

In my mind this cements Kerevi as almost certain to start at 12 with a playmaker at 15 (prolly Beale).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Banks is stuck on the end of a pretty lousy backline, but has looked good when given the opportunity.............

At this stage I would only play Beale off the bench............

DHP is guaranteed at fullback............

Folau’s axing also opens up a wing spot and I would consider Maddocks as an option or on the bench, but I rate Banks as a better fullback.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Interesting selection and game plan conundrum for Cheik now. He's probably going to have to develop an actual attacking game plan that involves more than one player, a bit like when JOC (James O'Connor) parted ways with the Force (we used to just shovel it to him and hope).

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reece Hodge is also a good option. Beale will only make the squad on past deeds. Right now he should not be considered with Quade back in the mix.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think Banks is stuck on the end of a pretty lousy backline, but has looked good when given the opportunity.....

At this stage I would only play Beale off the bench....

DHP is guaranteed at fullback....

Folau’s axing also opens up a wing spot and I would consider Maddocks as an option or on the bench, but I rate Banks as a better fullback.

Bank's form is about a good as Beale's so far this season, neither has done enough

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
In my mind this cements Kerevi as almost certain to start at 12 with a playmaker at 15 (prolly Beale).

If you have Genia and Quade/Foley, what makes you think we need a third playmaker? I'd daresay, we'd be better served playing Kerevi and TK in the centers than Beale who more often than not crabs across field.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Thinking about what this means for the Wallabies squad, I reckon DHP and Maddocks both go up the pecking order and will start at 14 and 15. Beale's role changes from centre/FB to the back up to those two players (i.e. fullback/BS winger). Kerevi is now almost guaranteed to start at 12 and the new squad member needs to cover him and Folau's opening. Harmichael is the beneficiary IMO.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah Kerevi is probably our go to ball runner now.

Thinking about it, our best period of form as a team coincided with Izzy losing his. He was not very productive during our RWC run. Losing him is a blow to be sure, but i still think these guys can put together a good RWC run without him.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
When we played without Folau in 2017 we had 10. Foley 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. TK 14. DHP 15. Beale didn't we? Right now I reckon we've got 10. Cooper 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. TK 14. Maddocks 15. DHP. Petaia, despite injury, also comes back into the frame in my mind.

The only active player who can really match it with Folau in terms of one on one attacking ability is Taqele. I'd like to get him back in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.