• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Could do Lolesio but he is only a 10 and youve already got 2 out there.
Ikitau an option but only a 13, paisami could shift in.

Not many outside backs in form sooo could do

22. Ikitau 23. Vunivalu

To'omua and JOC (James O'Connor) cover each other, Paisami covers 12, Vunivalu covers wings, JOC (James O'Connor) cover Fullback?

Between Hodge and Petaia, everything covered.

Noah played 12 in Oz 20s outside Harrison.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Who's your preference?

Huh. I'd insert 100% Reds, as starting today.

Without the bias probably:
6 Valetini makes it as a Bradbury choice, I'd consider LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).
7 EDIT: Hardwick Hooper
8 Samu

20: EDIT: McReight given Hooper, swap to Wilson.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Huh. I'd insert 100% Reds, as starting today.

Without the bias probably:
6 Valetini makes it as a Bradbury choice, I'd consider LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).
7 EDIT: Hardwick Hooper
8 Samu

20: EDIT: McReight given Hooper, swap to Wilson.

I don’t believe that’s the correct use of the term “Bradbury”.........

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Samu is not as effective at test level. We need a bigger body there and Wilson is locked in for the foreseeable future. Naisarani pales in comparison to both.
I’d have Samu as a bench option in the squad. Hes a great person to have at 6 or 8 to close out games.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I don’t believe that’s the correct use of the term “Bradbury”...
He definitely isnt an automatic choice given he switches off and disappears throughout the game from time to time, he either needs to be told he is playing 50-60min and to go 100% the whole time, or be used off the bench as an impact player.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think a lot of these issues will become clearer when we play the TT.

Be good to get some game time for Wright & Naisarani too.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If one watched tonight’s game by petatia he has pretty much in one game stated he is the test 13 as he was an absolute super star in attack and defence. He showed the super star we know he is but not seen much recently until tonight’s game.

What a player

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Samu is not as effective at test level. We need a bigger body there and Wilson is locked in for the foreseeable future. Naisarani pales in comparison to both.
I’d have Samu as a bench option in the squad. Hes a great person to have at 6 or 8 to close out games.
I think it depends a bit on who ends up at 6. If it is Valetini I think you could play him in the middle of the Park and play Samu wide where he does his best work. For that matter you could do the same with Wilson at 8 & Samu at 6. If the do go for someone like Lee-Warner then I think Samu misses out.

He probably misses out anyway without an injury, but I would like to see him in the mix there somewhere.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Pretty impressed by Lee-Warner and Timani's efforts last night. For the Wob squad I'd have one of them, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Neville (playing consistently well) + Phillip if he's signing back here and becomes available (Blyth if not).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd steer clear of LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) until he can prove he can consistently tackle legally. He's a liability and I'd bench him for the Reds.

With Blyth, Neville, Swain, Hosea, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Timani and maybe Philip I think we can do without him.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Did you watch the French side this morning? We are going to need some big dynamic forwards.
They look a very good side that can score from anywhere.

I doubt Lee Warner is in the conversation just yet and Timani will have to show that he still has the legs. Philip will walk back in and then we need to choose his partner. Rodda is probably a good pick and then you have a few very promising young blokes coming through.
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) would be a great bench option if you are also carrying a 7 there.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Prepared to give him another run at Wallabies squad but he has had a few goes now with no success and probably for reasons you outline why can't transition what he does in Super Rugby to Wallabies. He just might be another very good Super Rugby player who just is not quite what we want at Wallaby level given other options.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'd steer clear of LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) until he can prove he can consistently tackle legally. He's a liability and I'd bench him for the Reds.

With Blyth, Neville, Swain, Hosea, FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner), Timani and maybe Philip I think we can do without him.
My first thought was that you are being harsh Reg. But it is fair point.

Fans, including me, moan in the impact of cards, but the focus in high contact is not going anywhere and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) needs to reform his technique.

Having said that if he does I would him in front of most of those guys.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
He plays on the edge sure. At least one of his penalties (the petaia double team whack) last night was flat wrong
That was Tupou. And his hand was on the top of the shoulder so I actually thought that was right under the current rules - penalty but not a card.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
That was Tupou. And his hand was on the top of the shoulder so I actually thought that was right under the current rules - penalty but not a card.

I'm pretty sure it was Petaia who was penalised in that tackle. Tupou was fine. I thought Petaia was pushing the line close in that one. The ball carrier was falling in the tackle because he was being dragged down by Tupou meaning his head was lower than usual and Petaia was leading with his shoulder. An inch or two lower and Petaia might have copped a red.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t think that’s right. Pretty sure video ref said clearly that Petaia used arms and the ref agreed. So if it was Petaia was penalised it could only have been for shoulder contact with the head and we would have heard them discuss that and note the mitigating factors that led to the decision not to card him.

Conversely making contact above the shoulder is high under the rules as I understand them. So Tupou’s tackle was high under the rules but not a cardable penalty.

Top Bottom