• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2021

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Judging on the standard of rugby I was seeing, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the All Blacks crossed 60 points in one of the Bledisloe matches this year. The impact of the 2019 exodus of players is quite staggering.

They didn't even manage that against the might of Fiji? It's not like this is the 2015 vintage ABs.

Sure, they'll probably spank us once or twice but 60 seems unlikely.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Will they take an extended squad?

I think so, though I'm not sure exactly what size that'd be. At this stage rugby championship tests will probably be reshuffled to at least play everything set for new zealand in new zealand, so I imagine they'll be there for a while. Will need the extras to train with and won't be able to call replacements in quickly in the event of injury.

At the end of the day I'm just speculating on all this but I'd be amazed if they didn't have some fairly developed contingency planning for just this event.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Apparently Tom Wright, Andrew Muirhead and the Lonergan brothers are now in Canberra. Would it be possible for them, or anyone else from outside Queensland to join the touring squad? I wouldn't have thought so.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wouldn't mind seeing a green v gold/possibles v probables if this all blows up.
Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 7.57.01 pm.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently Tom Wright, Andrew Muirhead and the Lonergan brothers are now in Canberra. Would it be possible for them, or anyone else from outside Queensland to join the touring squad? I wouldn't have thought so.
Fortunately not in our best 23 but L. Longeran & Wright would be first injury replacements, so that's a blow.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Fortunately not in our best 23 but L. Longeran & Wright would be first injury replacements, so that's a blow.

Pretty much agree. Ryan Lonergan is probably effectively replaced by Nic White returning. Three half backs would be sufficient.

Lachlan Lonergan's role is most likely tied up with the return of Kaiatu'u. That would give us three hookers too which should be enough.

But with Daugunu's injury, Wright would perhaps come back into the starting lineup, and in that case Muirhead would perhaps normally be the first reserve. They could well be missed.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Maybe that’s just saying they’re not going to be in the squad.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Exempt - in what way Muzza? I understood other States had lumped ACT into NSW in declaring their borders shut.

Don't know exactly how it worked but they said on Rugby Heaven on tue that all Brumbies players were the only ones allowed to return home for a week, I think all of them did.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
The Wallabies should take Carter Gordon to New Zealand. If JOC (James O'Connor) is injured it’s probably worthwhile getting this promising footballer in the wallabies setup.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Wallabies should take Carter Gordon to New Zealand. If JOC (James O'Connor) is injured it’s probably worthwhile getting this promising footballer in the wallabies setup.
He looks the goods but i'm not sure he'd jump Harrison in the queue....

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Not while the club season is still going, best thing for him right now is more game time and he wouldn't be getting that filling numbers in the Wallabies squad. Would be a good candidate for one of the squad spots they usually bring along on the Northern tours though.