• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It does appear that way, Holloway also seems to be dropped for that lineout fuck up. I mean obviously it's not only because of those errors but they appear very significant where Eddie has had enough of costly errors. Hodge maybe missing that easy penalty at Loftus costly too.

Wright as well.

It does appear if your not a guaranteed starter of some sorts, you make 1-2 very costly errors and you're toast.

Last edited:

Linerunner2023

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Why is this idea that Quade was dropped for one knock on being thrown around like it’s fact?

Literally no one knows the reason except Eddie, others involved in selections, and maybe Quade
Ask tomthumb
That’s what he said early on when someone asked why Quade had been dropped
He knows everything
I think he is Eddie

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
If Hooper and Cooper have indeed refused to play for Australia A as they think they are too good for it, that may just point to why their “leadership” wasn’t wanted in the squad
Huge Boomer take. Hooper, especially, has earned the right to do what he wants.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon they’ve refused and I got no issue with it, Eddie wants them to base themselves in Europe for what, 6 weeks and realistically just be on standby. Hooper has a young family, not sure about Quade but still it’s big commitment for pretty much zero reward most likely. Someone younger would be more eager and benefit from it.

I doubt they’ve refused because they think they’re too good to play for Aus A. I question whether Quade is even allowed to do that, as a non-RA contracted player I reckon his club could refuse as well since it’s not a proper Wallabies camp and they don’t have to release him for it.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I doubt they’ve refused because they think they’re too good to play for Aus A. I question whether Quade is even allowed to do that, as a non-Rugby Australia contracted player I reckon his club could refuse as well since it’s not a proper Wallabies camp and they don’t have to release him for it.

How many years does QC (Quade Cooper) have left on contract in div 2 Japan league? Could see him having a swan song at the force if he’s looking for a super rugby role.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I reckon they’ve refused and I got no issue with it, Eddie wants them to base themselves in Europe for what, 6 weeks and realistically just be on standby. Hooper has a young family, not sure about Quade but still it’s big commitment for pretty much zero reward most likely. Someone younger would be more eager and benefit from it.

I doubt they’ve refused because they think they’re too good to play for Aus A. I question whether Quade is even allowed to do that, as a non-Rugby Australia contracted player I reckon his club could refuse as well since it’s not a proper Wallabies camp and they don’t have to release him for it.
Doesn't fit the popular narrative Qwerty.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So you were all upset about Eddie saying players earned their selections, yet want to disregard Carter Gordon being the best Aussie 10 in Super Rugby by a country mile while playing with a pretty average Rebels team

If he’s already “as good as Quade Cooper” as you say after only 4 tests, why wouldn’t you start him?
At best, he’s been as good as QC (Quade Cooper). He’s not close to Quade at Quade’s best.

He might be one day but not yet.

How well did the Rebels go this year?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So you were all upset about Eddie saying players earned their selections, yet want to disregard Carter Gordon being the best Aussie 10 in Super Rugby by a country mile while playing with a pretty average Rebels team

If he’s already “as good as Quade Cooper” as you say after only 4 tests, why wouldn’t you start him?
And you can’t tell me that Donaldson, Kemeny and Vunivalu earned their selection…

eastman

Arch Winning (36)

Jones has got no argument here- if he really needs these guys experience and ability- he would have just picked them in the squad.

I’m more than happy for Hooper and Quade to have told Eddie to fuck off.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
The ridiculous suggestion that if Hooper and Quade had turned down the Australian A tour then it’s a good indication why they shouldn‘t be in the World Cup squad.

These are two of Australian rugbys most loyal players- it‘s frankly a stupid thing to say.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
You seem to be taking it all a bit personally for some reason

I just feel being picked for your country is a privilege, not a right. Whether you have played 1 or 100 it doesn’t change that
He’s also well within his right to turn down the offer too- it’s not a huge deal.

Top Bottom