• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You've gotta be kidding me. From bad to worse
Let's be honest its not a massive deal. He was there to play v Portugal, experience a World Cup and develop in training. FWIW I don't have a problem with 1-2 players being in that role.

If anything this might be a positive as it opens a door to bring an experienced player in. Knowing Eddie it will be someone fking random like Daugunu or Lachlan Anderson though.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's be honest its not a massive deal. He was there to play v Portugal, experience a World Cup and develop in training. FWIW I don't have a problem with 1-2 players being in that role.

If anything this might be a positive as it opens a door to bring an experienced player in. Knowing Eddie it will be someone fking random like Daugunu or Lachlan Anderson though.
Thats true, but I reckon he'll bring in someone close, maybe pick someone in the Barbarians squad.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)

They should have played him off the bench vs Georgia … what’s the point of him just hanging around for Portugal ? … if he’s as good as everyone says, get him some caps under his belt

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I assume Lachie Lonergan will be called up.

Given we might be trying to defeat Portugal by as much as possible, it's likely he might not even have played.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I would of thought JOC (James O'Connor) was an obvious option given the 10 shortage, plus can also cover 15 if injuries happen.

Has also been playing baabaas

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I would of thought JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) was an obvious option given the 10 shortage, plus can also cover 15 if injuries happen.

Has also been playing baabaas
Apparently he also picked up an injury and has flown home.

Personally if we're picking Baabaas players I'd bring Foley. play Carter at 10 and Kells at 15 v Wales w Foley in the bench for goalkicking/game management. Drop Donaldson, drop White, Tate/IFL at 9 w a 6-2 bench/5-3 if you feel you must carry Foketi, Perese or likely Vunivalu.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
What the hell is going on in training ? 3 injuries in two weeks !
Fractured fibula after jumping for a high ball is pretty random. I have question marks over the other two (soft tissue injuries and reports of heavy training loads) but something like this is purely uncontrollable.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Devastating for Jorgensen but agree this could be the opportunity we need to make an improvement to the squad with Ikitau or a fly half. Will be interesting to see what he does

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Man…this is pretty interesting. Drew Mitchell does not seem like an EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) fan…

You're acting like a scourned English journo, all you can post here now is Eddie Jones takes. This is nothing new and his comments are mirrored by a lot of posters here. A lot of people didn't want him coach but gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his RWC record but his selections in the end gave no reason to.