• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I’m a fan of JOC (James O'Connor) but reality is he hasn’t performed many times in gold on his return to the squad. He also doesn’t have the points in the bank from previous times as a 10 to justify a wait for him to return to form approach. His best performance since returning was as a 13 against the ABs and its all been a little underwhelming since with numerous opportunities to shine. Still offers potentially great versatility but I don’t think he has much interest in seeing himself as a Hodge type player and wants to focus on been a 10 for the Reds, which is something he’s done very well.

Hogie

Herbert Moran (7)
Personally I am okay with Foley coming in, especially with the upcoming matches against the calibre of Springboks and ABs. What I would have preferred is seeing Donaldson come into the squad. For me he has the right game for test rugby and opportunity to train in high performance environment, even if not selected, would be invaluable.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Personally I am okay with Foley coming in, especially with the upcoming matches against the calibre of Springboks and ABs. What I would have preferred is seeing Donaldson come into the squad. For me he has the right game for test rugby and opportunity to train in high performance environment, even if not selected, would be invaluable.
Rennie said either he or Edmed will be joining the squad on Monday

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This thread really went off a cliff several pages back - devolved to ancient history, usual suspects bitching about the usual targets of hate etc.
Might need to euthanise it.
I just don’t read it when it goes that way.

People are venting, if they don’t do it in this thread it’ll just be a match-day thread.

‘Broadcast Discussion’ has just picked up the ‘Where to for Super Rugby’ chat after that was closed

Reactions: dru

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I just don’t read it when it goes that way.

People are venting, if they don’t do it in this thread it’ll just be a match-day thread.

‘Broadcast Discussion’ has just picked up the ‘Where to for Super Rugby’ chat after that was closed
Maybe they could vent in 2 posts instead of 5 pages. Boring as batshit to most of us.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I don't think we're going to go 0-4. With the blokes we've got coming back and hopefully a bit of selection stability I give us a genuine chance to win at least a couple of those games. This squad aren't so irredeemably bad that we should expect to lose all of them. That said, if they cop a pasting from the Bokke next week there will be some questions asked about whether DR still has the dressing room. I hope they don't, because I'm flying to Adelaide to watch it!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
ItsRugby and Rugby Pass both have him at 8 caps, but yes only one starting. Mighty impressive. Would be a good bit of trivia to know if anyone's had fewer before being brought into the squad
Pretty sure slipper went super cap for test cap for the first few years of his career, couldn't have had more than 10 or so super caps at debut. Not as quick as some of the backs mentioned, but a hell of a lot more impressive as a prop.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It's not like we have had an option that fits that description since Larkham though.

Very true. Who is your pick out of the Tahs youngsters? Edmed?
It seems Harrison has really fallen out of contention, I thought he was good enough and young enough to persist with.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Lolesio can be a great. I'd argue we haven't seen his ceiling yet, by far. And we've seen some pretty decent/adequate thrown in the deep end against some of the world's greatest teams. He has some distance to travel and the ability to do it.

I'm sad that JOC (James O'Connor) seems to have been thrown under the bus, though to be fair quite a few here were basically saying it, now Rennie has spake.

We'll be back to better strength against the Boks who don't do well in Aus. Let's see how they fare.