• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do you know where it will be streamed?

European Champions Cup Final is on Foxtel (bein Sports 2 @ 1.30am Sunday morning).

Japan Rugby League One isn't televised anywhere outside Japan. There is a highlights package that ends up on YouTube.

Rugbyman2023

Peter Burge (5)
While I'm not sure what impact they will have on selections, the Japan Top League final today between Spears and Wild Knights will feature Foley and Koroibete.

Tomorrow the European Champions Cup Final will feature Will Skelton for La Rochelle against Leinster.

Certainly some interesting data points for Eddie Jones on 3 of the perhaps 5 or 6 most likely overseas based players.

Leinster and Wild Knights are both red hot favourites respectively.
You would think Cooper, Kerevi and korobete are kicks providing they are not injured
Koro as allready selected for world side so that would be why he is not in the barbs
Skelton next in line
If Jones thinks he needs 4 or 5 players in order to compete and win RWC he will get it
I don’t banks or Ritchie Arnold will and Rory not playing
Foley could and I think sio should be a look in

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
European Champions Cup Final is on Foxtel (bein Sports 2 @ 1.30am Sunday morning).

Japan Rugby League One isn't televised anywhere outside Japan. There is a highlights package that ends up on YouTube.
Hopefully bein put it up on demand. There is no way im going to make it to 1.30am after going to watch the wallaroos then the Tahs

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Foley has just knocked off Marika to lead Kubota to the top league premiership 17-15. Not seeing any game this yr but coached by Frans Ludeke who coached the bulls in super rugby when they were up & about (& is actually a sneaky chance of being the next springbok coach) With Marx in the side you would think they played a very rsa sort of style.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Champions Cup final was a cracker. Won’t spoil the result in case anyone wants to watch a replay but Skelton was huge. They even lifted him twice in a row to set up mauls with great effect.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
A bit of a Jones talk on coaching, I would like to find the whole thing

Reactions: dru

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Caught the replay today and Skelton had a pretty excellent game. He even went up in the line out a few times. It's going to be hard to leave him out of the test squad based on what I've seen of him this season.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Champions Cup final was a cracker. Won’t spoil the result in case anyone wants to watch a replay but Skelton was huge. They even lifted him twice in a row to set up mauls with great effect.
3 times in fact (well, he took 3 in a row, not sure was completely lifted in all 3, but definitely 2).

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

SMH Ian Payten running through the o's options for EJ (Eddie Jones) - interesting after Skelton's showing this weekend there's still the line that Skelton's not a lineout forward. Given his past, I'd say not, but in the clip above he looked ok. But, perceptions run deep.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Might be way off here but I just don't buy the idea that he's not a line out target. Yeah he's big. So are the guys that have to lift him. It isn't School Boy footy, these guys should all be able to snatch 80kg+ and between two of them it's fine. If you have one main target, secondary target (backrower) then Skelton probably twice a half at most then it's fine IMO. We just need our Hooker to hit the mark.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Might be way off here but I just don't buy the idea that he's not a line out target. Yeah he's big. So are the guys that have to lift him. It isn't School Boy footy, these guys should all be able to snatch 80kg+ and between two of them it's fine. If you have one main target, secondary target (backrower) then Skelton probably twice a half at most then it's fine IMO. We just need our Hooker to hit the mark.
Look, before this year, I was sceptical, but this year has proved me wrong. He's looking fitter too, seems to be recycling a bit quicker.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
R.A.'s main problem with the Giteau Law is they've lost credibility by flip flopping and tinkering so much. Creates uncertainty for players, agents and overseas clubs (who they seem intent on keeping friendly with)

Whatever is settled on post- WC, they need to be firm that it will not be modified at all for at least the next WC cycle.