• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Eddie did exactly this with Farrell. There are similarities between the two.

England never had a good/big 12 who could run/pass. Kerevi can do it all (Tuilagi was already injured or playing 14 if I remember correctly). I'd assume they would then play Kerevi at 13, which would be plain strange. Eddie is operating in his own world though so who the heck knows.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's no indication he's being considered as a 12 right? It's basically come about because all the players were wearing club jerseys today at Wallabies training and Gordon's jersey had a 12 on it.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
The thought of Kerevi going down makes me want O'Connor in the squad. Given his recent form at 12, I'd have him over Gordon and Hodge any day.
I have a feeling he might end up in a "shadow squad captain" sort of role. With what looks like it'll be a good contingent of Australians playing for the Barbarians in Europe during the world cup period he'd be a perfect fit as a senior player helping to guide those guys and keep them on task as well as being a cover for a few positions in the event of injuries.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Never known so many foot and calf injuries in one squad. Feel for Rodda.
Big man injury.

At the same time this news came out I had the NBA draft on and they were talking about how 7’2 Victor Wembanyama the no.1 pick has been doing specific foot and ankle workouts.

Shame for Rodda but he’s only 26. Plenty left him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1687516457335.png

Not here so I suspect you’re right.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Eddie is already rectifying the errors of Dave Rennie.

Wallabies would still be holed up in Sanctuary Cove cut off from the public until they left for SA under Dave.

The club theme for the day is great too, connect with the juniors.
This definitely played a part in getting the flick.

You can ask for concessions like this if results follow. If they don't...

Ignoring all the chat about win %s etc. I don't think Rennie really 'got' what the Wallabies coach needs to do. The engagement and cutthroat is a prerequisite now with where the sport is at here.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Slater's got a job. Anyway I doubt he knows anything about our game. Johns had a reputation as a good kicker out of hand, we could use some coaching in that department.
I was joking. But yes, Johns is excellent kicker and his general vision and play making has been used by rugby coaches before. Slater would also be able to contribute plenty.