• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Looking at Sexton as a 10? Donaldson is a plodder. Gordon cannot kick for goal.

I reckon he will go for Tom Lynagh.
Donaldson seems the biggest Yes sir player out of the options, which is his style. Develops a game plan and expects it to be stuck to

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Looking at Sexton as a 10? Donaldson is a plodder. Gordon cannot kick for goal.

I reckon he will go for Tom Lynagh.
Lets see how the ‘plodder’ and the ‘Cannot kick a goal‘ go old Wamberal mate…. 2 games in and Lynagh is the man…. mmmm… don’t think so.

Reactions: TSR

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Donaldson played uncharacteristically well. If he can replicate that across a season then I don't see why he wouldn't/shouldn't be given a shot.

I'm also not a fan of carrying a poor kicker at 10. Particularly as we don't have many notable kickers elsewhere.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The style of coach Schmidt is, I think Donaldson is ahead. Although Gordon kicking for touch the other night was excellent, just needs to improve his kicking off the tee.
I mean both he and Noah have missed touch this season from free kicks... That doesn't scream excellent

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I mean both he and Noah have missed touch this season from free kicks... That doesn't scream excellent
Are you intentionally forgetting all the times Gordon missed kicks to touch last year? Pretty sure he did it almost every game he played in for the wallabies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Are you intentionally forgetting all the times Gordon missed kicks to touch last year? Pretty sure he did it almost every game he played in for the wallabies.
No, that was my point... Some one said he was excellent kicking on the weekend.. and I said he has missed touch already this year.

Gordon's the most inconsistent of the 10's but probably the most talented. He won't ever nail the Wallabies 10 till he sorts out all his kicking ...

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone know when the first 'camp' is?
I don't think there has been any talk of an early one this year yet. I imagine there will be something by the later half of the super rugby season, but with Schmidt less than a week in the job they're probably still focused on locking down the assistants first.

If I had to guess, they might be targetting just after week 7:
1709614444138.png

Reds bye, tahs, Brumbies and Rebels on the east coast, and the Force coming back from a Friday game in New Zealand with a round 8 bye (along with the Brumbies).

Last edited:

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
I don't think there has been any talk of an early one this year yet. I imagine there will be something by the later half of the super rugby season, but with Schmidt less than a week in the job they're probably still focused on locking down the assistants first.
I reckon Schmidt is looking through a lot of videos, too.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Schmidt is not talking about the team getting together until 10 days before the first game.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Good to see Fisher confirmed and I like that appointment of Eoin Toolan. Good analyst by all accounts and has experience with both Schmidt and Australian systems. Probably the member of the wider coaching staff with the most to do in this period before they get the players for the first time too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Experience with Schmidt is good. Plug & Play is what we need. Not in a position to bring through inexperience right now IMO. We need the players to come into a group of high performers.

**Apologies for the size of the pic if your on a computer. I posted from my phone quickly**