• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there a reason they can’t play outside the International window though? It wouldn’t seem to be a huge issue for either national side as it really just locks out your Europe based players.

I don't think the Japanese clubs would be keen either, and have been reluctant to release any players for tests outside the window.

Reactions: TSR

Nuggetyflyhalf

Bob McCowan (2)
I don't think the Japanese clubs would be keen either, and have been reluctant to release any players for tests outside the window.
I think it is an excellent idea. Ideally one game in Sydney (Eddie probably to base Japan in Coogee) and one game in their neck of the woods. Imagine the press conferences!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

it depends what SANZAARs demands are for supporting Japans bid in the new World League, playing an extra game outside of the test window against SANZAAAR teams might be the cost of being one of the SANZAAR nominees for the new World League.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wallabies in the UK all through November with games kicking off on the 9th against England. Then Wales, Ireland and Scotland but not sure what order.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
For Australia to play Japan there is zero upside. If we lose we are shit and our reputation is further damaged. if we win, Japan are shit because of Eddie and we get no benefit. And I can definitely do without the inevitable Eddie Jones press conferences, which would further damage our rugby reputation for zero benefit.

What we desperately need now is a rebuilding Wales and SANZAA, followed by a good spring tour (3 W, 1 L).

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I know this is more of a Sanzaar thing rather than RA but watching the nfl today they already know the fixture for next season & there is still 2 weeks to go, how the hell can we not have a fixture out yet? theres only 4 teams!