• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
For mine, stocks have risen (in varying degrees) for:
- Bell
- Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
- McReight
- Vunivalu
- IFL
- Donaldson
- Perese
- T Hooper
- Valetini
- Skelton
Donaldson, no, he shouldn't be anywhere near a test jersey

For me:

Stocks Rising (a generous list):

- Bell
- Skelton
- Frost
- Valentini
- Mark N (Nawaqanitawase)
- Kellaway
- Leota

Stocks Falling:

- Kerevi
- Korobiete
- White
- Faessler
- Arnold

Hard to make a call on guys like Kemeny, IFL, Gleeson etc. with so few minutes.

Last edited:

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah Donaldson was one I'm not too sure about - his performance at 15 was reasonable, 10 less impressive. I think he's probably best suited to a Hodge-like utility role.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Vunivalu, funnily enough. I remain unconvinced he's worth ploughing resources into. But he's certainly improved a lot.
If he's improved a lot why would you not plough resources into him??? Weird of you to assume we have a large pool of talent waiting for us at home when we really don't.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Aussies playing in European and Australian rugby following public. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. BPA wasn't red hot when he left, wasn't spectacular in France (just played for a good team) and is currently injured.

Last edited:

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nah, they need more work on the field. I'm sure Pone and Nongorr can squat a ton but they cant prop a clothesline. Skill, technique & nous is what we need, not a generation of power lifters
They need to do both, at the moment they are technically deficient and physically deficient

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
For mine, stocks have risen (in varying degrees) for:
- Bell
- McReight
- Vunivalu
- IFL
- Donaldson
- Perese
- T Hooper
- Valetini
- Skelton

Some of these players may have seen their stocks rise in terms of selections during the RWC but are they coming out of it 'smelling like roses'? I think the argument is positive for Bell, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), McReight, Valentini, and maybe a couple of others. On the other hand while they may have seen more game time than originally expected I don't know that the others have covered themselves in too much glory in the past month or so.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nah, they need more work on the field. I'm sure Pone and Nongorr can squat a ton but they cant prop a clothesline. Skill, technique & nous is what we need, not a generation of power lifters
TT and FP I think you are both right. The guys are not fit or tough enough to make much impact with a few exceptions.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

For me:

Stocks Rising (a generous list):

- Bell
- Skelton
- Frost
- Valentini
- Kellaway
- Leota

Stocks Falling:

- Kerevi
- Korobiete
- White
- Faessler
- Arnold

Hard to make a call on guys like Kemeny, IFL, Gleeson etc. with so few minutes.
I'd only disagree with Faessler in that I think his stocks have risen considerably since the beginning of the year and didn't dwindle at all over the course of the RWC.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd only disagree with Faessler in that I think his stocks have risen considerably since the beginning of the year and didn't dwindle at all over the course of the RWC.
Agreed re. pre-WC but his throwing against Georgia and his performance against Wales & Portugal off the bench was poor

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fair enough. I always find him funny I won't lie, but accept it looks pretty shite when he's not winning and definitely understand why it is so aggravating for some.

I suppose I have just read a few articles recently making out that I should feel sorry for the journalists who are on the receiving end. And I couldn't really give a stuff about them
Yeah Donaldson was one I'm not too sure about - his performance at 15 was reasonable, 10 less impressive. I think he's probably best suited to a Hodge-like utility role.
I think he needs to do a lot at the Force next year to even be under consideration for a test squad spot. Not his fault but he is still a way off this level.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Vunivalu, funnily enough. I remain unconvinced he's worth ploughing resources into. But he's certainly improved a lot.
Vunivalu?

Easy to improve when your coming up from such a low bar and being dropped from the reds

He was poor off the bench this WC & is not up to test standard

I don't know what Eddie seems in him

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Since the beginning of the year yes he has. He was getting mins in 2nd grade at Randwick at one point as well a couple years ago.

He can be a steady Super Rugby Hooker but just more of the same at Test level as what we see. Lower/middle of the pack standard players that can’t keep up over 80 with the elite.