• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It certainly reads as though the proverbial broom is being put through the joint. Which isn't a bad thing I don't think. The process to remove a director/chairman is a bit different of course.

well it’s been about 24months since the last clean out so yeah, let’s do the spring clean.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe Waugh is doing what what we all thought he would never?

Eddie in his press conference a couple weeks ago seemed very stand offish when the administration was brought up “I’m not an administrator mate” was said at least twice from what I recall. Most happy families tow the line and sing off the same song sheet but he was definitely making it sound like he isn’t with them.

Eddie not getting his way? Or is he being critiqued and doesn’t like it.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
This has to end soon. The SMH article says:

Sources with knowledge of Jones’s contract have told this masthead that if RA parted ways with the coach in the first quarter of next year, it would carry a smaller financial cost.

My gut is he wants the payout so he can then announce he is taking the Japan appointment. Tell him Yeah nah we want you to stay and call his bluff. Let him walk with nothing if he taking a new gig. If we get to the last day of the first quarter next year and he still hasn't walked then tell him his services are no longer required.

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well, I said to myself I was going to take a 3 month break from here after the RWC final. That time is now. I’ll watch the Eddie soap opera with interest from the sidelines. Have a good festive season everyone, will see you all for 2024 super rugby.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well, I said to myself I was going to take a 3 month break from here after the RWC final. That time is now. I’ll watch the Eddie soap opera with interest from the sidelines. Have a good festive season everyone, will see you all for 2024 super rugby.
Me too been a good year for rugby but for the Wallabies good to move on to 2024

Back in early February for the 6N and super rugby

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Fair enough. Wallaroos still have games to play and 7s season starts in a few weeks.

It’s kind of the issues - even fans think it’s all about the men and XVs.
I will just comment on this before I go - there is always plenty of rugby on, of varying iterations, including those you mention and the junior ‘super’ comps on currently. It’s this site I am taking the break from, not supporting and watching the code. I’ll always do that, limited only by time and my streaming subscriptions.

Lyall

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Hooper comments are a disgrace. To attack (there's no other way to frame it) a man who has given Australian rugby FUCKING EVERYTHING like that is so so low.
Long gone is the day when I thought much about what Jones said.
However, Hooper has not been, and is not, perfect. I do like the irony of Hooper being undermined at a press conference though...

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Long gone is the day when I thought much about what Jones said.
However, Hooper has not been, and is not, perfect. I do like the irony of Hooper being undermined at a press conference though...
This is a strange comment.