• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Surely there is only one JB. His footwork from the back would have been phenomenal though

james-brown-king.gif

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
looks like

July v wales 3 tests (although eng + france only doing 2 tests)

v Boks Suncorp 10/8
v Boks

@ Arg
@ Arg

v AB's accor 21/9
@ab's eden park

Grand slam tour
nov 9 eng
nov 16 wales
nov 23 scotland
nov 30/31 ire (outside of test window)

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
looks like

July v wales 3 tests (although eng + france only doing 2 tests)

v Boks Suncorp 10/8
v Boks

@ Arg
@ Arg

v AB's accor 21/9
@ab's eden park

Grand slam tour
nov 9 eng
nov 16 wales
nov 23 scotland
Looks like a good schedule that’s an easier July series than most, would rather play Arg away than SA, interesting there going back to Homebush to play NZ given we hardly ever win there, the July 6 Wales test is at Allianz

As you can see @Members Section under the new agreement it’s 2 bledisloes not 3

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Definitely a better schedule, but I'm still burnt and we have a lot of questions around around 9,10,15 and not due to depth which generally doesn't result in a lot of wins when that's the case.

We also don't have a coach yet even though they'd be doing nothing right now.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Definitely a better schedule, but I'm still burnt and we have a lot of questions around around 9,10,15 and not due to depth which generally doesn't result in a lot of wins when that's the case.

We also don't have a coach yet even though they'd be doing nothing right now.

I reckon this is a real good nov euro holiday, spend a week in france between the 1st & 2nd test

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Long service leave due in October next year. How much does it take to convince significant other that we should hit Europe?
My better half did Europe in her Long Service Leave by herself last year (took it in between changing jobs), left me with the kids. What's the likelihood of my taking some of my Long Service Leave in Nov next year to watch some footy by myself?

I think there's two chances - none and Buckley's

(edited because of auto correct confused the shortening of Long Service Leave with a footy player)

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
My better half did Europe in her Long Service Leave by herself last year (took it in between changing jobs), left me with the kids. What's the likelihood of my taking some of my Long Service Leave in Nov next year to watch some footy by myself?

(edited because of auto correct confused the shortening of Long Service Leave with a footy player)
Husband wants to do it but not sure about whether we should next year. Hopefully this might convince him. Saying that, he wouldn’t care too much if I did it by myself.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Long service leave due in October next year. How much does it take to convince significant other that we should hit Europe?

It like when I go to syd to 1 test a yr "we can stay on the harbour in double bay" replace with "we can stay in paris for a week"

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
interesting there going back to Homebush to play NZ given we hardly ever win there
It was reported a while ago that the NSW government were pitching a deal to get a Bled in Sydney every other year; but that might have been before it moved to a 2 game series

As the 'premier' home fixture it will always go to the highest bidder.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)

Johnny. Put the pants on and say can you drop me to the airport babe!

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Update***

Wales
July 6 Allianz
13 tbc (guessing aami park no ground clash)
20 tbc (Gold coast maybe? Townsville & Newcastle being used)

Boks
Suncorp 10/8
17/8 (Perth at a guess)

@ Arg 31/8 & 7/9

AB's
Accor 21/9
eden park 28/9 (I know it’s a sanzaar/WR (World Rugby) calendar but playing a bled afl/nrl weekend is pretty stupid

Grand slam tour
nov 9 eng
nov 16 wales
nov 23 scotland

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Update***

Wales
July 6 Allianz
13 tbc (guessing aami park no ground clash)
20 tbc (Gold coast maybe? Townsville & Newcastle being used)

Boks
Suncorp 10/8
17/8 (Perth at a guess)

@ Arg 31/8 & 7/9

AB's
Accor 21/9
eden park 28/9 (I know it’s a sanzaar/WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) calendar but playing a bled afl/nrl weekend is pretty stupid

Grand slam tour
nov 9 eng
nov 16 wales
nov 23 scotland

So, we play Ireland out of the window. That means no Skelton at least. Any other certainties not available?

Does Ireland have people playing in European teams who are likely non-starters?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So, we play Ireland out of the window. That means no Skelton at least. Any other certainties not available?

Does Ireland have people playing in European teams who are likely non-starters?

nah all their squad has to play in Ireland, they stopped that London Irish thing years ago