• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
For July I'd have

Props - Bell, Slipper, Schoupp/Gibbon, Tupou, Nonggorr, AAA
Hookers - Faesslar, Porecki, Longeran
Locks - Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Holloway, Neville
Backrow - McReight, Wilson, Valentini, Hooper, Leota, Gleeson
Halfbacks - Lonergan, McDermott, White
Flyhalves - Gordon, Lolesio, Donaldson
Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Flook/Perese
Outside Backs - Toole, Kellaway, Wright, Petaia, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Jorgensen
After today I would be taking Jorgensen out. He simply Can’t pass up to the standard that he should be at!!!

BoysfromtheBxW

Peter Burge (5)
For July I'd have

Locks - Frost, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Holloway, Neville
Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Flook/Perese
Outside Backs - Toole, Kellaway, Wright, Petaia, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Jorgensen
Unsure of whether or not mahe from the tahs is eligible for the wallabies but I would put my money on him for the camp

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I reckon Charlie Cale will be in there instead of Gleeson.
He's got more claim to it at this stage, but he probably needs to show his form against some of the better sides first. Right now though it would be neither of them with Uru currently looking like the smokey for that spot. Otherwise I'd still have Hanigan, Wright and probably Harris ahead of the two of them. A lot of rugby to play yet though.

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
Donaldson has indeed been the form 10 and considering his better goal kicking than Carter might be a good shout

I'd have Gordon above of Lynagh
Still early days but the move west has certainly proved beneficial for Donaldson. He’s playing with so much confidence. He’s getting his hands on the ball a lot more with the Force’s expansive game plan which seems to suit his instinctive attacking style. He was a class above Lynagh tonight.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Didn't think I'd be saying it, but Donaldson is firming for the 10 spot. He's showed an attacking acumen and a passing/support game that I don't think we saw from him at the Tahs.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
So is Donaldson the no. 1 10 right now?

Noah no.2 with Lynagh just behind but not by much.

Gordon trying hard with glimpses but looks to be battling at bit.
Surely not Lynagh, Donaldson embarrassed him tonight, Lynagh’s defence was not great but also being at the game you notice the difference in the kicking game, Donaldson was getting 10-20 metres more off the boot and more accurate

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Didn't think I'd be saying it, but Donaldson is firming for the 10 spot. He's showed an attacking acumen and a passing/support game that I don't think we saw from him at the Tahs.
He’s always been a good supporting player but as a ball player he still stands too deep and looks to shovel. He does have an absolute cannon on him though.

I think Gordon is the most talented (and toughest) and plays the way we want our fly halves to by taking it to the line and looking for runners, however we’d have to accept that he comes with limitations and goal kicking would be jeopardized.

Hogan

Peter Burge (5)
He’s always been a good supporting player but as a ball player he still stands too deep and looks to shovel. He does have an absolute cannon on him though.

I think Gordon is the most talented (and toughest) and plays the way we want our fly halves to by taking it to the line and looking for runners, however we’d have to accept that he comes with limitations and goal kicking would be jeopardized.
Disagree. Donaldson takes the ball flat to the line better and more often than any of our Aussie 10’s. Hardly a shoveller. I believe he leads the comp for try assists out of all our playmakers. The difference this year is that he is playing in a team that plays predominantly off 10 as opposed to the Waratahs who play mainly off Jake Gordon.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Surely not Lynagh, Donaldson embarrassed him tonight, Lynagh’s defence was not great but also being at the game you notice the difference in the kicking game, Donaldson was getting 10-20 metres more off the boot and more accurate
I’m not putting him in the match day 23 being 3rd but his season work has been solid for a young 10.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Reds were totally off their game last night. Was it too hot?
Probably not much different to what we're used to in Brisbane....

I just think they couldn't maintain the intensity after a few massive weeks. Will be a good hard look at themselves moment & hopefully we bounce back well this weekend

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
For July I'd have

Centres - Foketi, Paisami, Ikitau, Perese
Outside Backs - Toole, Kellaway, Wright, Petaia, Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), Campbell

May be completely irrelevant as I don't know if squad sizes are pre agreed upon for Spring series & Rugby Champs, but world cup limit is 33.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Probably not much different to what we're used to in Brisbane....

I just think they couldn't maintain the intensity after a few massive weeks. Will be a good hard look at themselves moment & hopefully we bounce back well this weekend
It can get a lot hotter in Perth. And they were playing in the sun. Got to be some reason, they were hopeless almost from the start.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That's a big call Wamb. CC clearly has a lot of skills and potential, but would it be a bit early this year?
There's still a few games to go. I think he offers a lot more versatility and athleticism. As for potential, he looks to have more than Gleeson in my opinion. I have seen a fair bit of Gleeson in the Shute Shield, and frankly I think he is overrated. Okay, he is very quick. What other attributes make him a Test match pick?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Team of the week.

I just feel over the year Donaldson has looked good in a side that has struggled for the most part.

I like Noah and trust what he brings. I think Schmidt will place value in consistency and reliability especially with where the Wallabies currently sit. Foundations need building before you throw some darts and experiment.