• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Always rated Stewart and he is in very good from this year. The roar raised the prospect of playing Gordon at 12. You could do worse.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Always rated Stewart and he is in very good from this year. The roar raised the prospect of playing Gordon at 12. You could do worse.
Stewart is playing 12 well. Carter is playing 10 well. Why would you get Carter to play out of position? Not sure Schmidt would consider that?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think we have numerous issues but 12 looks pretty concerning, Foketi & Paisami just don't excite me as test 12s (or even Super Rugby 12s), they are both just too patchy and limited. I would be looking at Stewart as a more complete 12
Kerevi and daylight is my 2 bobs worth. Give us a decent pack who compete at the breakdown and Tate at 9, then Kerevi will carve them up. We don't have another 12 and Len Ikitau at 13 is a must.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Stewart is playing 12 well. Carter is playing 10 well. Why would you get Carter to play out of position? Not sure Schmidt would consider that?
Worked fine for Dan Carter. Pretty sure Michael Lynagh started at 12 too. Guys like Howard, Giteau & Flatley all played 12 for the Wallabies whilst, from memory, they played more 10 for the Super 10 (might be wrong about Giteau). Other guys like Barnes, Beale, McAlister, Mauger played between both. O,Conner has covered both (as well as every other spot in the backline).

Most importantly Gordon has all the attributes of a good, ball playing 12.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I haven't seen any of Kerevi's recent play but it should certainly be expected that he has significant improvement on his repaired ACL in 2024 compared to 2023.
You'd hope so. He was looking slow last year but look at Perese and it seems he took 6-9 months to get his bounce back post injury even when playing.