• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wright will be in the squad. He'll get another life with new coaches as well.

Beale would surprise me unless he brains the end of the season. If we are intending to develop through to 2027 he's not part of that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wright will be in the squad. He'll get another life with new coaches as well.

Beale would surprise me unless he brains the end of the season. If we are intending to develop through to 2027 he's not part of that.

I think the couple of games from Beale makes him a reasonably good chance of making the squad.

He's arrived at the Western Force and immediately made the players around him look better and more organised. Seems like exactly the sort of experience Schmidt could want in the squad.

I think he's highly unlikely to play another test.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
With no Petaia, if Wright isn't at 15, he'd be a pretty strong chance of being #23 I would have thought, unless KB (Kurtley Beale) is selected there.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
On recent form there's a reasonable chance of Wright and Kellaway on the wings with Campbell at the back. Jock still has a way to go there, but there's more season to run and he's been the form 15 the last couple of rounds for mine. It doesn't hurt that he's also the most natural and experienced 15 of those 3, at the same time we've seen a few wing injuries.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
On recent form there's a reasonable chance of Wright and Kellaway on the wings with Campbell at the back. Jock still has a way to go there, but there's more season to run and he's been the form 15 the last couple of rounds for mine. It doesn't hurt that he's also the most natural and experienced 15 of those 3, at the same time we've seen a few wing injuries.

Personally I think Campbell aught have a shot at it, but I expect the discussion will be Wright/Kellaway. For the life of me I don't see Wright as this slam-dunk to 15 followed by daylight, I don't see it at all. But remove that exaggerated narrative, and Wright is still there making his case on a more sober assessment. As is Kellaway.

Jock is starting to show a lot more dropping in to first receiver, something I dont see as a strength with Kellaway/Wright, but I don't think it will make the difference when Schmidt makes the call.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Personally I think Campbell aught have a shot at it, but I expect the discussion will be Wright/Kellaway. For the life of me I don't see Wright as this slam-dunk to 15 followed by daylight, I don't see it at all. But remove that exaggerated narrative, and Wright is still there making his case on a more sober assessment. As is Kellaway.

Jock is starting to show a lot more dropping in to first receiver, something I dont see as a strength with Kellaway/Wright, but I don't think it will make the difference when Schmidt makes the call.

Wright has often dropped into first receiver for the Brumbies...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I can't see where anyone said it was Wright, then daylight (maybe BR). This site has a massive stiffy for Kellaway if anything. I can't see Jock getting the gig.. As above I think Wright and Kellaway should be selected in the 15, the 3rd option is up for grabs.. Toole, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), being the front runner, although Marks been shit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase), being the front runner, although Marks been shit.

His last couple of games have probably been his best though.

I think he's unlikely to get selected because he's leaving at the end of the year but likewise so are other players who will be selected. He does have a skillset different to everyone else so if his form continues in the last three games he's probably a chance.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
His last couple of games have probably been his best though.

I think he's unlikely to get selected because he's leaving at the end of the year but likewise so are other players who will be selected. He does have a skillset different to everyone else so if his form continues in the last three games he's probably a chance.
Yeah I thought he was good against the Brumbies, so if he keeps up the form he probably gets a spot.

Raytah

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah I thought he was good against the Brumbies, so if he keeps up the form he probably gets a spot.
He was okay on the weekend, but there have been a couple of moments this year where he's looked quite apathetic. What's the timeline on Petaia?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He was okay on the weekend, but there have been a couple of moments this year where he's looked quite apathetic. What's the timeline on Petaia?

Sure, but like every year, the form in the last 6 weeks will mean a lot more in terms of who makes the squad than the form in the first 10.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Think Petaia done this season, I ain't picking people who can't get any game time before the tests.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Think Petaia done this season, I ain't picking people who can't get any game time before the tests.
I think he needs a season in Japan, needs the less impact to get a run of games together. Right now he should be no where near playing for the Wallabies.

LevitatingSocks

Ward Prentice (10)
I think he needs a season in Japan, needs the less impact to get a run of games together. Right now he should be no where near playing for the Wallabies.
Could also try a move to France. Maybe 2 years of higher intensity rugby in arguably the most professional league in the world forces him to settle at one position and irons out his inconsistency before he returns home.

It feels like his career is at an inflection point right now.

Top Bottom