• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Considering injuries and all I am quite happy with the squad.

I hope we can move the hell on now and support the WALLABIES..put aside interstate jibes, cooperism and all the other crap (although some of it is funny) and support these guys - they are the best of what is available and we now have some fluffy lions to deal with.

May it be a great series like 2001 and let the chips fall where they will with the coach after the boots are unlaced and the sweat and blood is done with!

hear hear

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Team.png

So this is the squad, X is positions they thrive in, O is positions they are passable in.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
Pretty Happy that Horwill has been named captain. He's a much better choice that Sam Warburton for the Lions.

He is the man and there aint no other BDA ....for ffs james do not get injured!

I am stoked MMM is in the mix - but holy cow he was huffin and puffin like a steam engine out wide yesterday - not unexpected given his first run in a while.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Deans has selected his players based on his game plan. ......... Have a halves pairing that runs very well in tight spaces and can easily turn a 5m burst into a 30m run:

Genia, Phipps, O'Connor - Check
4 players thriving at fly-half? Typo? Lilo is the best of that lot.

Beale, Lilo and O'Connor would keep one or two more defenders near the breakdown if they were behind it. Barnes is just a good defensive flyhalf.

P.S. post was from before I went through the team. Hadn't thought of Lilo at 10, Beale wasn't named.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
My team:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Slipper
4. Douglas
5. Horwill
6. McMeniman
7. Gill
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Lealifano
11. Tomane
12. Horne
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Folau

16. Fainga'a
17. Alexander
18. Kepu
19. Simmons
20. Hooper
21. Phipps
22. Barnes
23. McCabe

Would be tough on Mowen to miss out. The other option is he plays 6 and MMM is 5/6 cover on the bench over Simmons.

Edit: having seen the Lions twice I think Folau should go ok and is a better option at 15 to Barnes. Barnes pop kicking to the Lions back 3 all game will see us getting carved up on counter-attack.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Scotty, what is Cooper's value add?
If you don't trust him with his flat passes at the line, then why on earth would you pick him?

If he plays in the pocket, there are much better options than him.
If you remove all of his mistake making actions,you remove his value add.
It's these high risk plays that make him dangerous..for both sides.

And that is the issue.

He still has skills that all the other options don't, and he is actually a flyhalf that can organise his backline.

Tom Ando

Fred Wood (13)
I see it as just another injury, the coaches take advice, and rely on that advice, just like bringing Digby backt in, the medical advice say he will be right.
I'm pretty sure that an alcohol issue has more psychological issues than say, hamstring injury, for example. Far more serious consequences if someone's alcoholism continues for their whole life. Having an injury doesn't destroy your liver either like excess booze. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.