• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies drinkers -- who are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm interested in knowing who doesn't mind knocking a few back during the season. I know QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale especially have a reputation for getting on the piss. I also know that alcohol isn't great for high-performance athletes. So I guess I'm wondering if it's a wide-spread practice in the Wallaby ranks or not. Also interested in knowing who the in-season teetotalers are, if there are any.

Nothing illegal about anyone over 18 having a drink, I'll remind you. Just curious.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I know QC (Quade Cooper) and Beale especially have a reputation for getting on the piss. I also know that alcohol isn't great for high-performance athletes.

How are these 2 sentences related?
Shoulda been a new paragraph.
Just kidding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Is the question really, who are the problem drinkers?
In which case the answer is evident, by the press coverage of incidents that have occurred when they have been drinking.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
The question is broader, but even if that were the question the answer isn't necessarily evident. Some players draw more press coverage than others. Some players just aren't news.

Edit: "problem drinkers" is a vague and judgmental term. I guess I'm wondering how many players there are in the current wallaby outfit that would keep up with the likes of Beale on a night out. It's plausible to me that there could be others (especially if it's a "toxic environment") and that we just wouldn't hear about it from the media because they aren't subject to the same level of scrutiny.

W

What2040

Nothing wrong with having a drink. real question is: are there problem drinkers and if so does that drinking impact upon performance both on the field or off it?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm not comfortable with this thread, and can't see that it serves any purpose other than to highlight players who have a drink. I love to have a beer as much as the next guy and wouldn't want people to google my name and see a page about my drinking.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.