• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I need to see the replay but my thoughts on the R/M turnovers last night is not Hooper related but due to the 6 & 8 (and other support players) not getting to the R/M in time to clean out the B&I Lions (warburton and BO'D).

When they got to the R/M in time, they were not particularly accurate in clearing out the B&I hands.

St Sam and BO'D had great games in the loose last night.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
By this logic, we should also pick the player who has played 101 test matches for Australia, won a grand slam, won a world cup Bledisloe Cups, has scored over 60 tries for the Wallabies, and is one of the most influential players Australia has ever produced. David Campese.

If campo had been the best in his position in the S15 this year...

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Id like to see Beale benched for the next test. O'Connor to retain the 10 but cut out the hero plays and use Foloa as a decoy more.

Palu needs to be benched as well but Id retain him if Horwill is suspended.

(Sent from my iPhone)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I wouldn't select MMM or Smith. Neither are match fit enough in my opinion. Bench at the most.

I think it is worth remembering how well Smith played in his first game back for the brumbies (in round 3? when Pocock got injured). played 60 minutes and was one of the best players on field).

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd bring Kimlin in for Horwill
Smith either starting or on the bench. His leadership will be important.
Lilo and JOC (James O'Connor) to switch jerseys.
otherwise the same

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'd bring Kimlin in for Horwill
Smith either starting or on the bench. His leadership will be important.
Lilo and JOC (James O'Connor) to switch jerseys.
otherwise the same

the leadership point is a good one..if Kev is outed who does everyone reckon for the captaincy? I'd say Moore or Genia..both have heaps of experience and pretty cool heads..

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Forecast for Sydney?

tumblr_ml54wnihEV1qdszmio1_500.jpg

Sparky

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jusy watched the replay and Palul needs to go ASAP! Watched the replay and my god he is lazy. For a bloke whose that size and can't get over the advantage line does my head in! Ill bring smith in at 6 and let him go until he runs out of fuel and bring on gill, maybe the 50th minute. Put mowen at 8, he is playing great.

The backs last night...oh my! They looked in shambles. JOC (James O'Connor) isn't a 10, he is a 15, a world class 15 too, he stood deep and created nothing, the one time he did stood up a bit flatter and took on the line he created a try. Other than that they didn't look dangerous at all unless folau touched it. But deans won't change the backs unfortunately

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Other than that they didn't look dangerous at all unless folau touched it.

except for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at least once! there was another occasion he went within a whisker of breaking out for a 50m break...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
the leadership point is a good one..if Kev is outed who does everyone reckon for the captaincy? I'd say Moore or Genia..both have heaps of experience and pretty cool heads..
I would throw Mowens name in the mix because he is an outstanding Captain.. But maybe too green at Tests.. But it does seem to make him lift.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I vote for Moore to be Captain.

Sanchez does not seem to play well when given additional responsibility of Captain.

We need Sanchez on top of his game, not distracted in the series decider.
Might have to disagree with you there, Mr Jarse. Genia is the leader for the Wallabies unofficially. It was him who led out there in his play and decisions. e.g. in the replay he mouthed to Horwill to call for the scrum.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The same thing happens at the Reds. That doesn't mean he's telling Horwill what to do but his opinion is sort.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mowen is one of the best ref wranglers in the country. I would not be unhappy to have him as skipper. Genia is a good leader, but I'd rather have him concentrate on being the best fucking player out there and take it to 11.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.