• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Baabaas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I expect not much from the Wallabies on Saturday - just the usual stuttering start which will get many tearing their hair out very prematurely.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I agree Biff.
The Wobbs never seem to click straight off the bat (well, esp in the past few years) and I'd be surprised if this is different. And even if it is, what would it mean, given the BaaBaas will not have "Test" team cohesion. Hopefully it will be entertaining, and the back 3 play some rugby rather than show off their devastating up and not-under skills.
I'll be tuned in from the Hunter Valley where I'm going for a weekend of Bacchanalian pleasure with Mrs Cyclopath (and without the Cyclo-Halfling)!!

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
II'll be tuned in from the Hunter Valley where I'm going for a weekend of Bacchanalian pleasure with Mrs Cyclopath (and without the Cyclo-Halfling)!!

Why are you taking Mrs Cyclopath if you are after Bacchanalian pleasures?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
cyclopath said:
II'll be tuned in from the Hunter Valley where I'm going for a weekend of Bacchanalian pleasure with Mrs Cyclopath (and without the Cyclo-Halfling)!!

To drive me around!!
No seriously, we're looking forward to a weekend of good food, good wine, and no negotiations with the 7.5 year old!

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hey Cyclo - congrats on your 1,000th post (7 posts ago) :thumb :thumb

I hope you enjoy the weekend G&GR is laying on for you as a token of our appreciation.

Although with you gone, anyone else interested in live score / wanging on?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Oh, I'll have the lap-top and a broadband connexion, and have been pre-approved to watch the game! ;D ;D
There will be wanging on! I may, however be a little inebriated - would anyone notice??

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
cyclopath said:
Biffo said:
cyclopath said:

To drive me around!!
No seriously, we're looking forward to a weekend of good food, good wine, and no negotiations with the 7.5 year old!

Bliss. We've done a couple of weekends without little Ms Blue, a seven year old negotiator par excellence.

Enjoy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone who gets the chance: Lovedale Long Lunch. Can't recommend it highly enough... though it has been about 9 years...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
NTA said:
Anyone who gets the chance: Lovedale Long Lunch. Can't recommend it highly enough... though it has been about 9 years...
9 years?? That's a loooong lunch!! ;)
Since we are staying in Lovedale, I might have to avail myself of that pleasure. It's on the list! ;D

S

Spook

I actually am expecting a very good performance from the Wallabies. I reckon they are actually starting to believe in themselves. The Wallaby tight 5 will smash the Barbarians. Gits and Barnes will feast on plenty of pill.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Campo, a huge Baabaas fan and one of my favourite players. I like the fact that he is outspoken, have witnessed some surprising acts of generosity and humility from him and heard of many more. Watch this for some Campo gold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rfTcww49zM
watch

S

Spook

Ever seen a better balanced runner than could move like that at full tilt? Not sure I have :nta:

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Since we are staying in Lovedale, I might have to avail myself of that pleasure. It's on the list!

I'd recommend the Verandah restaurant at Calais estate for lunch - modern Australian in a tapas style and some nice wines (including a good pinot noir).

Also the degustation at Hungerford Hill is awesome - and of course you need to do it with the wine matching (I think it is something like 9 courses for lunch.

And of course the old favourite (where I had my wedding) - Roberts Restaurant next to Pepper Tree for a romantic dinner.

I'm sure you already know of some of these.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Spook said:
Ever seen a better balanced runner than could move like that at full tilt? Not sure I have :nta:

Not a hell of a lot, no. Cullen was on a par. Caucau had some days when he was the best runner of all time. Just not too many of them, unfortunately.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Grandmaster Flash said:
Apparently Rocky is in doubt for the Baabaas clash, would suck if he missed the game. David Lyons called in as cover.

:'( :'(

Say it isn't so...

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Triple sadface - http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=822100

Elsom will be given until Saturday morning to prove his fitness on a sore knee before a decision will be made as to whether he will play his first match at the Sydney Football Stadium in over a year.

Lyons, who returned to Sydney for a holiday, received the call-up on Thursday to join the Barbarians side after playing this season with Welsh rugby side Ospreys.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I expect not much from the Wallabies on Saturday - just the usual stuttering start which will get many tearing their hair out very prematurely.

I'm the same I never get over excited about the Wallabies 1st match as it usually ends up being a pretty scrappy affair.

We'll see if the forward domination turns into slick backline moves, with Burgess hit & miss passing anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.