• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England in Melbourne, 18 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Backs were fine. The two dud passes wont happen again. Forwards need a shakeup. TPNs throwing is still a liability. We need a fetcher with Pocock gone. I'd like to see this

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Arnold
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Gill
8. Houston
9. Phipps
10.Foley
11. Horne
12. Kerevi
13. Kuridrani
14. DHP
15. Folau

16. Ready
17. Sio
18. Holmes
19. Coleman
20. McCalman
21. Hooper
22. Frisby
23. Lilo

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Backs were fine. The two dud passes wont happen again. Forwards need a shakeup. TPNs throwing is still a liability. We need a fetcher with Pocock gone. I'd like to see this

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Arnold
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Gill
8. Houston
9. Phipps
10.Foley
11. Horne
12. Kerevi
13. Kuridrani
14. DHP
15. Folau

16. Ready
17. Sio
18. Holmes
19. Coleman
20. McCalman
21. Hooper
22. Frisby
23. Lilo

Dropping Hooper one the best test players in the world last year for Gill and Houston 2 relatively unknowns at test level is too big of a risk.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You need to replace your winking emoji with a blind one.

There isn't a single current reds player in his starting line-up.

Horwill is effectively QLD. The bench was loaded with them.

In any case, your support as a QLDer is only outdone by living up to your handle (tragic) in the most batshit crazy method possible, in picking that team, some of whom aren't even in the fucking squad!

Sure you don't want to pick Ben Daley on the bench instead of Sio? Think you've missed a trick, there.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Dropping Hooper one the best test players in the world last year for Gill and Houston 2 relatively unknowns at test level is too big of a risk.
Maybe. But hooper had no impact on the breakdown last night. And Pocock's gone. We'll get owned there if we don't have McMahon or Gill on the paddock. And I can't see where else to shoehorn him in. McMahon and Gill don't have enough impact to play 8.
I take your point about Houston - it's a risk but there's not a clear alternative.

Reactions: Tip

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

In any case, your support as a QLDer is only outdone by living up to your handle (tragic) in the most batshit crazy method possible, in picking that team, some of whom aren't even in the fucking squad!

Sure you don't want to pick Ben Daley on the bench instead of Sio? Think you've missed a trick, there.

What horse shit. Go back and look at the team suggested that started this shit.
Sio was kept in the starting side. Holmes and Kerevi dropped from the15 to the bench. So fuck off with your mentions of Daley, you clearly have your shit wrong here and are way off the mark.

You also put Houston in your suggested side who isn't in the final squad. Guess by your own terms you are bat shit crazy.

Reactions: Tip

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe. But hooper had no impact on the breakdown last night. And Pocock's gone. We'll get owned there if we don't have McMahon or Gill on the paddock. And I can't see where else to shoehorn him in. McMahon and Gill don't have enough impact to play 8.
I take your point about Houston - it's a risk but there's not a clear alternative.

Hooper currently plays the 8 role in general play. So we don't necessarily need Gill to have "impact" at 8.

Hooper and Gill can work. Gill to simply play Poey's role and disrupt as much opposition ball as he can. We lose a bit of physicality in contact but it's the most like-for-like option we have.

Or McCalman comes in and Hooper will need to focus on being on-the-ball more. He isn't Poey but he is capable of that role.

I'm not in favour of McMahon at this stage, because he is like-for-like with Hooper but not as effective.

I think it will be
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. McCalman
Bench: Gill

T

TOCC

You've lost your marbles chap, everyone one of those players he listed were called into Cheikas Wallaby squad at the start of this series..

Wallabies lose one test and everyone starts looking for someone to blame

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd be happy to see Gill go straight in for Pocock, Mcmahon is more like Hooper than Pocock and we need that on ball fetcher plus Gill does get used as a part time lineout jumper.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd be happy to see Gill go straight in for Pocock, Mcmahon is more like Hooper than Pocock and we need that on ball fetcher plus Gill does get used as a part time lineout jumper.

The problem though is that Gill isn't an 8. Unless Hooper or Fardy can play 8 Gill would be on the bench if he is called up to the squad.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'd go the conservative option and play mccalman at 8 rather than rearrange the entire back row and bench.

I think that's what will happen. Assuming Horne passes I'd make no other changes to the 23.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The problem though is that Gill isn't an 8. Unless Hooper or Fardy can play 8 Gill would be on the bench if he is called up to the squad.

Pocock isn't an 8 either but he does fine at the back of the scrum. Gill is more skillful with his hands then Poey so i'd imagine he will do fine.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
He got the ball in space on one occasion in the first half and I thought "here we go - a winger in space" Then I remembered it was Rob Horne and he was easily tackled 2 metres down the sideline.

As good as he is, we are really missing a dangerous winger with pace and a side-step. I can't help but think if a player like Speight or Tomane were in that same situation they could have turned it into a try scoring opportunity. Especially given the width we were playing in.

Too bad all our wingers are injured or inexperienced.

Remember how we were all jonesing for Speight's eligibility shit to sort itself out? Since then it's been injury and form cruelling him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'd go the conservative option and play mccalman at 8 rather than rearrange the entire back row and bench.

I think that's what will happen. Assuming Horne passes I'd make no other changes to the 23.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this is the most likely case. McCalman to come in and move bodies at rucks.

I'd really consider Slipper in front of Sio too. Whilst I think Sio was a bit hard done by and I rated his efforts around the park in the first half I think if you have 2 games in a row of poor scrummaging then you will really have a hard time to come back from that, the perception will be permanent. One bad game people will forget, 2 in a row is danger zone.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Some players are good super rugby players but struggle in the test arena. Sadly I get the feeling Speight is one of them

Remember how we were all jonesing for Speight's eligibility shit to sort itself out? Since then it's been injury and form cruelling him.

He needed to be injected 2 years earlier when he was in fine form. If he can get his form back to that point then I have no doubt he'd be a good Test player. His 2 disappointing tests were when be was out-of-form.

Tomane's injury came at the worst time too. He was in blistering form.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
He needed to be injected 2 years earlier when he was in fine form. If he can get his form back to that point then I have no doubt he'd be a good Test player. His 2 disappointing tests were when be was out-of-form.

In addition to that i think the hope was that Speight's sevens kick would sharpen him up but of course that hasn't panned out either goddamn it.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think the two most likely scenarios are that either Palu or Mcalman comes into 8 and Horwill in for Simmons if he is out. Wouldnt be surprised if Carter came in for Simmons as he is basically the same player just doesnt give lineout penalties but instead has tits for hands.

A left field choice for the backrow would be Fardy at eight and Mumm at 6.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)

2 years earlier from 2014 or 2 years earlier from now? He wasn't eligible in 2012 and did his hammy in the 2014 semi between the tahs and the brums (which ruled him out until the spring tour, plus he wasn't eligible until the spring tour anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.