• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I think like all reporters there is a grain of truth. Rugby is a compromise Phipps chucks the odd loose pass because he is trying to clear the ball so quickly.

If we want a fast game we will see loose passes, there was a couple from White as well.

The interesting thing to me is that under the current game plan we need units to be ready and aware to catch the ball as well.

When you look at Phipps work with the Tahs, his passing has improved as his team mates have embraced Cheika's structures, but I really don't really think his passing improved but the receivers are more ready and expectant

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I agree to a certain extent, but his technique has improved. Phipps is actually passing from the ground now. IMO it is what has him selected in front of Genia. I would also say in addition to the points you made above his accuracy his usually good until he gets tired, which isn't surprising seeing the work he has been doing with the Tahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I agree to a certain extent, but his technique has improved. Phipps is actually passing from the ground now. IMO it is what has him selected in front of Genia. I would also say in addition to the points you made above his accuracy his usually good until he gets tired, which isn't surprising seeing the work he has been doing with the Tahs.

Yeah, he gets to each ruck quickly

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I just got a survey from Tourism & Event Queensland about the test. Wondering how many other did? I can forward the e-mail if you like.

I know it is not the ARU but I figure that the message will get back. At every opportunity I pointed out that I believed that the promotion was sub par and it would have been nice to have some fan engagement events surounding the test. I know Brisbane is first cab off the rank but surely a signing somewhere even by the walking wounded would have created some interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.