• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

dru

Tim Horan (67)
How much will it benefit the Wallabies to simply get quick ball though?

The real area that will make a difference for us is always the same: being able to off-load well when we get quick ball and in broken play. This has always been a strength of NZ teams.

This means being able to draw and pass for the ball carrier, and players supporting the ball carrier well. Even slow moving forwards make a huge difference when they know how to do this amongst themselves.

Too often we have a player make a break and they don't know what to do next, or passing too early (easy to defend) or too late (risky, drop balls).

Anyway, perhaps it's something that will just click into gear at some stage. Hopefully today.

It would help heaps. The French use a form of umbrella that channels the runner to a designated tackler. Quick fire attack will leave the wings of the D umbrella in trouble. That would change everything n terms of the nature of the game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Found somewhere to watch in Longreach. And it’s not being put on specially for me.

What is this crap about the Wallabies not having National reach?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I doubt it. He will go hard but be keeping the hits below the chest. He has to if he wants to have any kind of test career.
Valentini will be amped when he gets on as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Leeeesssgoooo. I’m pretty geed up for this in my cold lockdown. Can’t imagine what the players are feeling!

Top Bottom