• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Samoa, Sat 7th September, 7.30pm, Bankwest (Parra) Stadium

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I think Banks showed why he's the third choice 15. Dempsey was great and would be at the top of the list for blindside flanker options.

Paul Alo-Emile. What a beast. I'm still disappointed we lost him to the French dollar so early on. Imagine a front row/bench with him, Tupou, AAA and Sio? Pure beast-mode.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Having a brief look at the highlights, To'omua had some nice touches. His grubber through for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try was pinpoint and he had some solid passing after receiving some fairly ordinary balls from Foley.

Also, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)'s try wasn't a done deal, he still had a bit of work to do and probably wise not to pass to Dempsey on the touch line.

Any news on Coleman? Is he injured?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Having a brief look at the highlights, To'omua had some nice touches. His grubber through for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s try was pinpoint and he had some solid passing after receiving some fairly ordinary balls from Foley.

Also, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)'s try wasn't a done deal, he still had a bit of work to do and probably wise not to pass to Dempsey on the touch line.

If he is, it could be a blessing in disguise. Push LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) into the row and bring along another proper backorder.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I feel To'omua had his best game since he came back from the UK, his slowly staking his claim for time at 10 - 12.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He's always been a 12. I felt he should have been our first choice 12 after Gits retired but he left and got worse, plus Kerevi came about.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Cheika in the press conference said it wasn't major

And I actually thought LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was quite good, he is going to be quite effect against the direct big sides for a shift

Foley looked liked a guy that hadn't played for a few weeks, as with To'omua the passing was quite crap ay times

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
He did, because he was playing in his proper position. Play him at 10 again and he'll go awful. He's adequate cover from the bench there but if Lilo or Foley are unavailable, the other one starts.

He actually made a lot of his impact this game as first receiver though.... I do agree he's a better 12 but I don't think he will be awful again if he started at 10. I think he'll go better then Foley at least.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
He did miss at least a couple of fairly easy tackles. Well past being an option against the better international teams.

I did actually see one of the missed tackles, but that aside the point was that he played well. No one is suggesting him as a first choice option against the tier 1 teams, but that wasn't the point of the post.

B

Bobby Sands

He did, because he was playing in his proper position. Play him at 10 again and he'll go awful. He's adequate cover from the bench there but if Lilo or Foley are unavailable, the other one starts.

LOL.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m a big believer that in the modern era a 6 needs to be a jack of all trades. Needs to be someone that can bend the line, provide link play, lineout option and get their head over the ball. All without been the primary source for the team in each area, more of a support option if the game requires two people to be a pest at the breakdown or extra primary ball carrying is required beyond your 8. Dempsey is the most likely we have to this. He can also laterally cover space in defense better than some tall timber that might be preferred there.

Agree, but 6 needs to be able to stick his head in the 2 row. Something should not be ever be required of the 7.