• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v. Wales - 1 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If you can talk the big guy into going around once more for the Force so he is eligible for the Lions tour you would become my new hero.

Even reliable old caterpillar diesol engines eventually need to be replaced. Best for Sharpie to go out on a high with us wanting more, than to go for that one game too many and be found wanting. Think Madonna and the song American Pie.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I actually don't mind Pocock starting this weekend.
Of course, Hooper "deserves" it on his stellar form, but he'll see plenty of game time, I'm betting.
As opposed to say, Mitchell starting instead of Cummins for example, which we discussed previously, Pocock had form, and has a very reliable record prior to injury.
I don't think he is more likely to be injured starting than coming on as a reserve. I don't think we really lose a lot.
On the plus side, Hooper could absolutely kill it coming on later, with his ability to bust the line , and his speed.
On the one hand we want players managed, on the other we don't want form players off the park. Hard to get it just right always.
On the other hand, I think Moore should start.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Even reliable old caterpillar diesol engines eventually need to be replaced. Best for Sharpie to go out on a high with us wanting more, than to go for that one game too many and be found wanting. Think Madonna and the song American Pie.
I never did get the connection between an ill-fitting bra and Don McLean's all-time classic.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Let's hope Sharpe goes out with a win like he rightfully deserves after a stellar test career. But however lets hope that his test career is not yet over as I think the big guy's got a British and Irish Lions tour captaincy in him. However I may be as delusional as Robbie Deans' test selections.

Don't know what it means but the Force Facebook page had an option to like if Sharpe should play one more season. We do still have an EPS spot open...

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Wales lock Ian Evans has been ruled out of the test after failing to recover from a knee injury. He's replaced by Cardiff Blues lock Lou Reed (oh dear), this Wales front 5 is unrecognizable from a first choice unit.
We're going to get seriously reamed up front !
Worried.com :(

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Bit harsh to blame Moore for the scrum troubles against Italy. He was part of the first scrum of the day that pushed right through the guts of the blue scrum. It was mostly when fatcat came off (pretty early IIRC) that our scrum went to shit. Which has happened a lot with Slipper on the field, sadly.

Who's captain? Vice-captain? In the longer term I could see Pocock starting with Hooper as a helluva super-sub. As Cyclo said, Hooper is better in attack and breaks the line more than some of our backs. Pocock can tackle them to a standstill and mess up their ball and then Hooper can come on and do all that plus get some go-forward.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I guess Pocock is starting on the chance he may reinjure himself and them Hooper can come on.

I'm starting to get a good feeling about this game, for no other reason than I'm a bit delusional after the heat in Brisbane today. I think they will cover the 15 points required and Berick will finish it off with a show and go from first receiver and score under the posts al la his first test at the same ground during the 2007 RWC.

All I know is that they will done enough to make sure Deans is safe.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Don't know what it means but the Force Facebook page had an option to like if Sharpe should play one more season. We do still have an EPS spot open.

Considering his family have already moved to Brisbane and his oldest has started school hear, I'd say the chances are very slim.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Considering his family have already moved to Brisbane and his oldest has started school hear, I'd say the chances are very slim.
They moved years ago. He and his wife are split. He has been going back and forth for awhile now.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Think he mentioned on one of the podcasts he was moving east. Could be mistaken, tho.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
...a bit worried about this game. We have the wood on the Welsh, but the guys faded badly last week. It looks like we're running on empty. We need a big game from poey!

Carn Wallabies!

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I normally have a feeling about the outcome (right or wrong), but for this game I got nothing. The combination of Wallabies (Jeckyll or Hyde) and the Welsh having just lost 6 in a row makes it a real lottery.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Welsh have a lot to loose. Could end up somewhere well down the irb rankings with a loss. Probably a good thing for us.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pocock is back! And he's got a mo!..................................................Mocock!

Status
Not open for further replies.