• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Suncorp Stadium June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Who will be in the team? Who's fit?

Don't think Moore or Barnes should be expected to back up. The others should be fine.

My guess

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe
6. Higgers
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Digby
12. McCabe
13. Fainga'a
14. Tomane
15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

16. Fainga'a/Moore
17. Slipper/Alexander
18. Pyle
19. Dennis
20. Phipps
21. Barnes
22. Morahan

Prediction: Oh Fuck.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
QC (Quade Cooper) will play before Beale does on Saturday. FFS he had shoulder surgery 10 days ago. Yes it was only minor but he is not going to be there Sat.

I don't know what to do. But what I (we) would like to see in a team is not going to get chosen. SHould we be trying to guess what Deans is going to do and then what we think of that?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bugger wanting to know who is in the Wobbolies for Saturday.

The big question for Gaggerlanders is when is our good mate from RWC 11, Cardiff Blue, going to fire up?

What is the Welsh Optimism Gnome up to?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd like to see Lucas there and Barnes no where near the squad. He needs some time to get in the right head space.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Not sure about the balance of a Ioane/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)/Tomane back three. Think the Welsh could really expose Tomane lack of experience with a decent kicking game. Any other wing options?

SealClubber77

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Harris deserves another shot. But i'm not looking forward to the game. My prediction is that we're going to be given a hiding by the Wales boys and hopefully that will wake the coaching staff up in terms of tactics and selections.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Somewhat more benign climatic conditions forecast (as at today):

Brisbane Saturday A shower or two.Min 11Max 21

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Gatland still in charge of Wales??

Both teams for Saturday night will have Darkness schooled Coaches. One coach has achieved success in two countries as Head Coach of the National Squad. The other coach has achieved limited success in one country.

Will this be a clash of Waikato vs Canterbury?

Why are there so many Darkness and Saffer Coaches coaching outside their borders at National level? The best our mob can do is as assistant coaches, and head club coaches. What is wrong with our coaching pathway model?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Agree with most thoughts.

Moore is miles ahead of our other hookers but won't start and i'd have him fit for the last 2 games than buggered by playing another 20-30 mins this week.

Beats me who to pick at 10, didn't know about Beales op. Don't want it but Barnes will likely be at 10 again. Then you would look at Lucas or Harris on the bench. Coopers removal looked very premature at the time and now appears more so.

The backs that played last night should not be excluded on the performance, they had shit ball and very few touches. Love Faingaas work rate, he had a few successful pick and goes and big defence again. A must for me.

Really don't see what others do in Timani, in my view he barely scapes top 10 locks we have. That he was picked over Pyle just leaves me speechless.

L

Linebacker_41

I think we are in for a long 3 weeks of test rugby. I hope I am wrong but I think 50% win rate this year is going to be difficult.

This is quite scary considering that next year will have a similar format with the opposition being the Lions.

I would expect good revenues but a huge amount of reputational risk coming up for the Wallabies and those directly involved in these test matchs (players/coaches/administrators alike).

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Gatland still in charge of Wales??

Both teams for Saturday night will have Darkness schooled Coaches. One coach has achieved success in two countries as Head Coach of the National Squad. The other coach has achieved limited success in one country.

Will this be a clash of Waikato vs Canterbury?

Why are there so many Darkness and Saffer Coaches coaching outside their borders at National level? The best our mob can do is as assistant coaches, and head club coaches. What is wrong with our coaching pathway model?
He's still in charge but wont be there for this weekends games. Is recovering from injury in NZ

Second Test return for Gatland?

29th May 2012 11:50
skybet-logo.png
Click here to bet on Rugby Union with Sky Bet

Eyeing up June 16: Warren Gatland
Related links

Teams

Also see

Injured head coach Warren Gatland has revealed that he hopes to join Wales on their three-Test tour of Australia by the second showdown.

Gatland has been recovering in his native New Zealand since breaking both heels in early April, when he fell off a rail while cleaning windows at his beach house.

He is certain he won't be right in time for the first Test in Brisbane on June 9, but should be able to attend the remainder of the three-Test series.

"I can assure you I am going to be right in a few weeks and be up and running around," Gatland told BBC Wales' Scrum V program.

"At this stage, I'll probably struggle to get to Brisbane for the first test. If I can be in Melbourne and Sydney for the second and third tests, that would be great.
"As much as anything, just to go and have a little bit of an input, really, to support the coaches and players."

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Surely Moore would back-up. He's in great form. TPN to come on half way. Id consider experimenting with the locks after the poor comments on the scotland game. Pyle a chance maybe?
McCabe deserves to be there.

So no Beale, Cooper or Lealifano at flyhalf? Is Barnes our only option? Our back-line is so predictable with him at 10. I rate Barnes but as a 12. Harris to 10?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After last night, I don't think you could justify moving Harris to 10 at the expense of Barnes.

Harris had a pretty horrible game and made a couple of crucial blunders.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Any other options? When is JOC (James O'Connor) back... surely his liver would have recovered by now!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Simmons has to start in my opinion. He is really starting to hit a patch of form after a slow start to the season. He did more then Timani in his 20minutes then Timani did the whole game.

In regards to fly half, Lucas wouldn't be a bad option but I can't see it happening. I think Barnes was scared to pass due to how wet it was, you could just tell he wanted to take the safer option and take it himself. He is a 12, not a 10, period.

He could also be an option at 15 if they select Lucas at 10 (unlikely though). I'd rather see McCabe and Fainga'a stay in the centers, then shifting Berrick to 12. Ashley-Cooper has done nothing to warrant a starting spot, and I think we need a second playmaker in the backline.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
How many games has Lucas had at 10 for the Reds?

He played 80 mins there in their big win against the Chiefs at Suncorp and looked good.

Is he fit? If so he could be the best option at 10 at Suncorp again, with Barnes on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.