• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Bok Brizzy Post-Match post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Couldn't find what I was looking for, but here is the place for rulings / interpretations.

http://www.irb.com/lawregulations/lawsrulings/index.html

I haven't read all of those rulings for a while, but I doubt that you would find any ruling about grabbing the scrummie.

The point of my previous post was that referees don't need changes to the laws, or rulings, to change how a game is officiated.

Referees start doing things, like allowing the ball to be thrown into the scrum skew, and a few years later one wonders why an easy throw of a metre into a scrum is being allowed to be crooked, and why the defending hooker no longer has a chance to contest for scrum ball in a sport that prides itself on contests for the pill - unlike rugby league (they claim).

At the same time more difficult 15 metre throws to lineouts are judged severely.

There is nothing in the laws, or rulings, which says one law should be observed and the other not. It is just because of CORTBFBWRITWTRAHL, which I mentioned before, is responsible for more frequent pinging of grabbing scrummies these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.