• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Fan Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
what do people know about the 'live site' outside the stadium at homebush?
ive heard about massive bars, big screens and 20,000 people? that sound right?>

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
what do people know about the 'live site' outside the stadium at homebush?
ive heard about massive bars, big screens and 20,000 people? that sound right?>

This is what ANZ Stadium sent out yesterday.

ARRIVE EARLY TO SOAK UP THE ATMOSPHERE
- THE PRE GAME PARTY STARTS FROM 10AM

If there’s ever a time to soak up the atmosphere, it’s for an international sporting series 12 years in the making – it’s now.

Sydney Olympic Park will be hosting the ultimate pre-match experience for the Qantas Wallabies v British & Irish Lions finale, with a live site throughout Saturday.

The action kicks off at 10am with the Big Brewery BBQ where alliances are sure to be tested, with an Australia v UK and Ireland music battle on the speakers and a BBQ v HP sauce war by the grills.

From 2pm Cathy Freeman Park will come to life with a monster bar – 75m in length – in amongst a range of live music and entertainment, plus more than 30 bars, restaurants and cafes in Sydney Olympic Park village all themed and open early and late for this once-in-a-lifetime occasion.

Dusk will bring about Sydney Olympic Park’s signature light show – this time in Qantas Wallabies gold. Thanks to Foxtel, a giant screen will also be in play to screen the big match for those who don’t have tickets.

ANZ Stadium will not only host the highly-anticipated series decider, but the venue will welcome sports fans from far and wide in their eateries and bars from when Gates Open at 5pm – including two beer gardens on the northern and southern ends of the venue.

Three Australian Rock legends are set to light up ANZ Stadium from 7:30pm, kicking off what will be an incredible night of Rugby. Performing his Gold hit single One Summer, Daryl Braithwaite will head the Aussie rock line-up before former Black Sorrows front man Joe Camilleri delivers his classic, Chained To The Wheel. Ross Wilson, formerly of Daddy Cool fame, will cap off the massive Aussie rock line up with his chart topping hit – Eagle Rock.

The pre-match show will also include an Acknowledgment of Country, followed by a performance from the Qantas Choir and a specially cut highlights package from the opening two Tests of the DHL Australia 2013 Lions Tour before the Aussie rock trio light up ANZ Stadium.

Click here for more information on activities happening around Sydney Olympic Park.

Happy planning and we’ll see you Saturday!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon it will be pretty live at Mr Doug's pad on the Gold Coast.

Just make sure you come decked out in all your best anti-jinx talismans.

C'mon the Wobs. Don't want to lose to the Welsh British and Irish Lions.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I reckon it will be pretty live at Mr Doug's pad on the Gold Coast.

Just make sure you come decked out in all your best anti-jinx talismans.

C'mon the Wobs. Don't want to lose to the Welsh British and Irish Lions.

G'day HJ, the usual merchandise is on display externally and internally, however, not to the extent that it was for the 2003 RWC when our daughter won the Australia-wide ARU "Show Your True Colours" competition. Prizes included a large TV, DVD player and surround sound, Tooheys and Bundy Rum products, heaps of T shirts and caps, and a meat tray for 12 people for the BBQ)! Unfortunately, the meat didn't arrive until around 18 months after the final, (after I hounded the suppliers), so a trip to the nearest Pizza Hut saved the day!!
Today I have a dilemma. Mrs Doug has purchased steak for the BBQ for tonight. The steak is coloured red and white and is branded "Scotch Fillet". Question: should I obtain a gold vegetable dye to coat the steak, or should we have Chicken (Big) Kievs instead?!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have achieved full retard. Well, as full as I can go until I meet other GAGRs and start the process in earnest. Jersey - check, cap - check, beanie - check, hydrated - check, anti-heartburn medication taken - check.
Officially FIRED THE FUCK UP!!!!
Now, off to the pub.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am geared up and heading off now. Four hours in the rugby den schmoozing clients before heading into the game, only down side is I have to be on my best behaviour until half time. Good luck everyone

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm at the Glenmore now. It's a Sea of Red. Be ready for them!

uploadfromtaptalk1373085953108.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Mr Doug Nothing wrong with eating Red Meat, on a day when our boys will get plenty of meat against the Red Team. That Red Meat today is somewhat brown and smelly tomorrow. Kind of appropriate don't you think.

There is something inventive about some Chicken Big Kevs though.

Don't worry about having some Scotch Fillet around your joint. The Welsh Lions don't have any. And you know about my ranga Uncle from Edinburgh. He hill be around tonight. I think plenty of Scotch will be behind the Lucky Country tonight.

Chez Jarse is just on edge today, but being a little more subtle this time in external decorations after they didn't work as well for First Test.

What we have done is put one of Junior Jarse's boots with the LONGEST studs we can find next to the foxtel box. While it has been fine and sunny all week down here, Olympic Park surface can be a little soft. The boys need to have the "wear your big studs" message channelled to them.

churchills cigar

Peter Burge (5)
This is what ANZ Stadium sent out yesterday.

ARRIVE EARLY TO SOAK UP THE ATMOSPHERE
- THE PRE GAME PARTY STARTS FROM 10AM

If there’s ever a time to soak up the atmosphere, it’s for an international sporting series 12 years in the making – it’s now.

Sydney Olympic Park will be hosting the ultimate pre-match experience for the Qantas Wallabies v British & Irish Lions finale, with a live site throughout Saturday.

The action kicks off at 10am with the Big Brewery BBQ where alliances are sure to be tested, with an Australia v UK and Ireland music battle on the speakers and a BBQ v HP sauce war by the grills.

From 2pm Cathy Freeman Park will come to life with a monster bar – 75m in length – in amongst a range of live music and entertainment, plus more than 30 bars, restaurants and cafes in Sydney Olympic Park village all themed and open early and late for this once-in-a-lifetime occasion.

Dusk will bring about Sydney Olympic Park’s signature light show – this time in Qantas Wallabies gold. Thanks to Foxtel, a giant screen will also be in play to screen the big match for those who don’t have tickets.

ANZ Stadium will not only host the highly-anticipated series decider, but the venue will welcome sports fans from far and wide in their eateries and bars from when Gates Open at 5pm – including two beer gardens on the northern and southern ends of the venue.

Three Australian Rock legends are set to light up ANZ Stadium from 7:30pm, kicking off what will be an incredible night of Rugby. Performing his Gold hit single One Summer, Daryl Braithwaite will head the Aussie rock line-up before former Black Sorrows front man Joe Camilleri delivers his classic, Chained To The Wheel. Ross Wilson, formerly of Daddy Cool fame, will cap off the massive Aussie rock line up with his chart topping hit – Eagle Rock.

The pre-match show will also include an Acknowledgment of Country, followed by a performance from the Qantas Choir and a specially cut highlights package from the opening two Tests of the DHL Australia 2013 Lions Tour before the Aussie rock trio light up ANZ Stadium.

Click here for more information on activities happening around Sydney Olympic Park.

Happy planning and we’ll see you Saturday!
Having attended test matches at all Aussie venues, Sydney is by far the most entertaining. The 'out of stadium' events make the occasion one to remember, forever.
Wish I was there.
I'll just have to be content with the odd glimpse at a 'lifestyle party'' instead.

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
Wish I could be there for this test and bring out my inner bogan with the Gagger Crew.

We need to start organising this sort of shit for every Wobs game, especially for those blokes/sheilas flying in for them..

#WallabiesDrinkingTeam

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
It will be singing;
"To dream the impossible dream" - Warren Gatland
"Two out of three ain't bad" - Robbie Deans
"Stand by me" - James O'Connor
"Stuck in the middle with you (James)" - Will Genia
"I still haven't found what I'm looking for" - Bill Pulver
"Strangers in the night" - B&I Lions
UPDATE - Post Match Singing;
"It's the end of the world as we know it" - Robbie Deans