• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
Why would Gits be even considered, he was one of the original bad boys n given his form for atleast 2yrs prior, his dumping was purely justified. And if team culture is important to Cheik, then your talking GSmith than Gits. We all know the NH is nothing more than the retirement village for SH players, well those from the Darkness anyways - when talking about EOYT records.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Why would Gits be even considered, he was one of the original bad boys n given his form for atleast 2yrs prior, his dumping was purely justified. And if team culture is important to Cheik, then your talking GSmith than Gits. We all know the NH is nothing more than the retirement village for SH players, well those from the Darkness anyways - when talking about EOYT records.

RE Cheika and team culture. I feel like he seems pretty confident about being able to impose his desired team culture on the squad, so wouldn't think he'd be too worried about Gits from that angle. As for Giteau's waning abilities before he left, I actually applauded him being left out of the RWC2011 squad. Don't know if he's since stepped it up or not though.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cheika has already talked to Git's when he was over from what Im reading on SMH...See's him as the 3rd Halfback and a cover for 10 and 12..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
On form this year Stirzacker is ahead of both White and Genia. But I don't know that I'd be taking an uncapped half to the RWC. Maybe if he got a solid run in the RC it could be justified, but I think it more likely that Chieka would use that competition to try and run form into Genia or White.

Given that I think the good games Genia has played this year are better than White's good games, and the attacking upside of Genia is better than that of White, if only two halfbacks are selected it will be Genia that gets the nod.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Genia, White and Phipps are all more than capable of playing 80 minutes, so keeping Gits on as the 3rd halfback gives you a bench cover if one goes down injured and the third doesn't get over in time, as well as allowing an extra back rower or outside back to get into the squad.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
On form this year Stirzacker is ahead of both White and Genia. But I don't know that I'd be taking an uncapped half to the RWC. Maybe if he got a solid run in the RC it could be justified, but I think it more likely that Chieka would use that competition to try and run form into Genia or White.

Given that I think the good games Genia has played this year are better than White's good games, and the attacking upside of Genia is better than that of White, if only two halfbacks are selected it will be Genia that gets the nod.
I call bullshit, White has been much better then Stirzacker, he had maybe 1 bad game.. but on form (and it's only super form as he hasn't carried it across to tests) his been the best 9 ..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I call bullshit, White has been much better then Stirzacker, he had maybe 1 bad game.. but on form (and it's only super form as he hasn't carried it across to tests) his been the best 9 ..

I think you'd be on your own thinking that White has been the best 9 on form. He has been average at best and I'd have him at the end of the line of 4 starting 9's (eligible) in Oz.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
White's form was declining before his injury and he's had the misfortune of being injured just as genia is hitting his straps. I imagine they'll both get a shot off the bench in the rc though, and that'll be more likely to decide who goes to the rwc than super form.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think White played some cracking games in the first few rounds and was a key reason why the Brumbies were right up at the top of the table in those early weeks.

He's fallen away pretty badly since then though and is now injured. When he returns he'll need to lift his form for both his own Wallaby chances and the Brumbies' finals hopes.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
White's problem is he doesn't play well under pressure, meaning big games. Plus his pass is too floaty for Test quality.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
White's problem is he doesn't play well under pressure, meaning big games. Plus his pass is too floaty for Test quality.
White needs too shut his trap and just play the game... When his on song he picks the right way to go, the right man to pick out and his pass is awesome. Phipps has the get there get it out speed..

White when on song bosses games.. his one of the reasons the brumbies are so good.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)

Still better than Genia's pass, and he actually seems to understand the need to put the ball out in front of his man, and draw them onto it.

Genia gets it right about 30% of the time, the rest he just kills momentum in the attack.

I don't care how good his running game is, his passing is a clear 4th in Aus and as a scrummy that's pretty grim.

His box kicking too, people pile shit on White for his, but Genia..... :eek:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Look this has come to a head... Is Giteau better then our 9 . 10 , 12 reserves ... I'd say yes....

Is Smith better then Poey and Hooper, maybe .... so he should come back for the Rugby Champion ship..

Thats what counts .. are they actually better then the worst person taking there squad place.. I would say yes :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Still better than Genia's pass, and he actually seems to understand the need to put the ball out in front of his man, and draw them onto it.

Genia gets it right about 30% of the time, the rest he just kills momentum in the attack.

This is my biggest complaint about Genia's passing this year. Too often this year he hits the first receiver on the chest when they are still stationary and standing in a very deep position.

The first receiver also needs to be moving forward and getting the halfback to pass the ball in front of them but with stand-in fly halves, it should really be up to Genia to get that going himself. I think he's more than capable of making the Reds attack look substantially better than it has been just by doing that but he hasn't on a reliable basis.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And Im not saying Hooper misses out... Im saying a 34 year old Smith is probably better then a new uninjured Poey..

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)

I don't care how good his running game is, his passing is a clear 4th in Aus and as a scrummy that's pretty grim.

His box kicking too, people pile shit on White for his, but Genia... :eek:

o_O Genia's pass is the best in Australia and one of the best in the world. BUT he is slow at the breakdown. But when he delivers it there is no quicker pass. Yes Genia's box kicking since 2012 has been outright awful.

Reactions: BDA
Status
Not open for further replies.