• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
CUT OUT THE NEGATIVITY! :mad:

They're wearing gold and representing us in the finals, let's get behind them unconditionally.

This is a discussion forum. Do not confuse opinion with discussion. Without discussion we cannot determine in our minds what is good and what is not so good.
So, stop being negative Lindy;)

Reactions: gel

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'll just put this here.

Assuming they both get selected this weekend and then the next (which is to be expected), the Wallabies Quarter Final against whomever will be both Steven Moore's and Matt Giteau's 100th test.

Significant.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'll just put this here.

Assuming they both get selected this weekend and then the next (which is to be expected), the Wallabies Quarter Final against whomever will be both Steven Moore's and Matt Giteau's 100th test.

Significant.

I'm guessing that we won't see them in cricket gear raising their bat like we saw with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the team photo.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I suspect Gregan will be involved. Good old Canberra boy and our most capped Wallaby etc. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Holy shit, people can no longer whinge about Foley, so have moved to Phipps. Yes he threw one poor pass and one that Fardy ducked and three others basically said "yours". Lets dump Genia because his box kicking is as crap as it has been for a long time. Two (or was it three) charged down, surely that equals Phipps one and a half bad passes.

People will argue that Phipps has these passes every game, and yes that is true, but on the same token I cringe when I see a ruck being set up for Genia's box kick because you know it is coming and you know it is going to suck.

But yes lets bring in White, who hasn't been able to keep the pace requirements of the Chieka plan, whose mouth gets him offside with the Refs regularly...

I think the boys telegraphed at least one of the box kick charge-downs. I heard someone yelling 'open side chaser!!!' about 4 times during a post lineout setup of the ball. Pretty much invited the attempt to charge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quade could very well miss out on 60. He's on 58 currently and looks like he won't make another 23 unless someone get injured. He's confirmed to Toulon too.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yep, shame.

Will play some 7s though. Not convinced that will all end well though given he will be out of sight of the Oz program

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's only select series too, not all of them. Not sure the coach (whoever it will be) will be into that.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
The cap limit is stupid. It should only be time served as coaches and politics can greatly influence the number of caps a player can get. 5 years from Wallaby debut spent in Australian Rugby is a good number I think.

T

TOCC

This thread seemed as good as any..
Stats so far

Australia/New Zealand

Points Scored: 141/174
Tries Scored: 17/25
Penalty Goals: 12/5
Yellow Cards: 4/3

Meters made per match(AVG): 419/586m
Meters made per pass: 3.0/3.19
team carries over gainline(%): 59/69%