• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mark Gerrard can't be overlooked this season he's easily been the best fullback in OZ ATM.

The wing is a bit tougher I personally would pick Hynes & Diggers but Lachie Turner has found form & Deans will pick Tuqiri on the left wing for sure.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Tunkiri bombed two tries with crap passes to Turner. Turner was positioned perfectly for each one, and I would expect an international winger to have made the passes.

Tunkiri is becoming more effective in close, blind side, through the middle, etc, but his core winger skills are shit.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Tunkiri bombed two tries with crap passes to Turner. Turner was positioned perfectly for each one, and I would expect an international winger to have made the passes.

Tunkiri is becoming more effective in close, blind side, through the middle, etc, but his core winger skills are shit.

The first one should have been on the money, despite of being his wrong side (maybe he should have kicked pass), the second was a miracle ball

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The first should have been made. The second was hardly a lay-down for a try - would have been a pretty hard pass to make or take. I think you're 50% too harsh, Scarfy! ;D

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Scarfman said:

Newsflash : he was always shit but finally people are noticing.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
The first should have been made.

The forward pass from LT to LT early in the match was symptomatic of Tuqiri's instincts in rugby: cart the ball up before standing up to play it. Lote passes bugger all pill he gets, he runs it up nice and hard (no criticisms there) but he rarely if ever looks to involve a team mate unless he absolutely has to. In this instance Lote took off towards Turner's wing on a 45o angle while Lachie, who's faster than Lote when wound up, sprinted straight up the field. Result: Turner overran Tuqiri who had to pass the ball forward to get it to him. And it wasn't Turner's fault! Watch Tuqiri carefully in future, he never puts a fellow back into space. He should be able to do better than that.

Not good enough for the moolah he's drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.