• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Mitchell told me on Friday night that he had just started doing light running; so it surprises me that he hasn't mentioned something along those lines, not just that he will miss R1.

Am surprised about the consideration of Hoiles. He hasn't been at training the couple of times I saw the Tahs go through their paces last week. If Lopeti has another storming game on Friday night I don't think we will see Hoiles in a light blue jersey - not least because of his own injury record. But I've been wrong before.

It's a shame about Vickerman but once S.Timani comes back we will be doing OK for 2nd rowers with Douglas, Mumm, and Peterson already in place. From an Oz point of view I hoped he would be still around for another year, since Sharpie has retired too, but sometimes things work out for the best.

As for a replacement winger: Trist is ostensibly the next cab off the rank, though maybe there is some Oz qualified winger from the Japan comp who will be available soon and I have forgotten him. Anybody released from a European team won't be much chop and probably not better than Trist - or Betham who is in the Tahs "stable".

I doubt if any decisions on EPS players moving up, or on new players coming from outside, will be made public until after the trial on Friday night.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
OK. Now seriously boys - what the bloody hell is happening in Sydney, more accruately with the Tah's players. This is the second year that it looks like the ranks are going to be desimated by injury. Will be a real pity if Vicks has to retire.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
FFS - the season proper hasn't even started and the Waratahs injury ward is already going gangbusters.:mad:

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I've decided I'm not going to read anymore reports, it's making me far too depressed...I'm pretty sure I won't be able not to read them though

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Here's my assessment of the Tahs from something I wrote last night

The Waratahs as per usual have a swag of big names – Barnes, Polota-Nau, Robinson, Horne, Palu, Mitchell, Vickerman, now with Elsom and Ashley-Cooper. With the right focus new head coach in Anthony Foley could bring, I’ve no doubt the Tahs will give us some strong performances this year. The problem is that everyone on the list I just gave you but the last is an injury basket case. It was a B/C team playing for the Tahs by the end of last season, will it be again?

And then I wake up to this!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was listening to a radio interview of Mitchell whilst I was walking the dogs, and he seemed a lot more circumspect about when he was going to start playing than in the quote. He is definitely not going to risk further injury but said that in terms of it being a consensus with Tahs staff.

My guess is that he will miss the first month, at least.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
23558.jpg

They must've heard the news about Vicks? They don't seem too happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.