• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So barnes is out.

Foley to 10, Paka to the wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) stays at the back?

Or do you go with hangers at 10 and move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing and foley to 15?

They could even think about moving playing hangers at 15, foley at 10 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So barnes is out.

Foley to 10, Paka to the wing and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) stays at the back?

Or do you go with hangers at 10 and move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing and foley to 15?

They could even think about moving playing hangers at 15, foley at 10 and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing.

I would hope

9 Pretorious
10 Hangers
11 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
12 Carter
13 Horne
14 Kingston
15 Foley

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Not a bad winger for an outside centre is he, young Tom. Watch this space.

As I mentioned on the Rd. 2 game thread - and fat prop has also mentioned above - Foley was training with the Ones this morning and BKH was in the Twos. It came to pass earlier than I thought.

I expect Foley will play fullback as he doesn't have a winger's pace. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) doesn't really have it either but he has experience there.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Hangers trained at 10 this morning not Foley; but Foley can play 10, 12 and 15.

Making an impact from the bench is a good attribute but starting a game is another matter. I'll back him to go OK running on at fullback, but let's see.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
LG, what are your thoughts on Alcock? I thought he had a shocker on the weekend and that 7 is one of the Tah's weakest positions...

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
LG, what are your thoughts on Alcock? I thought he had a shocker on the weekend and that 7 is one of the Tah's weakest positions...

Joe, obviously I am not equipped to answer on behalf of the Peninsula Pundit but I had a look on the Fox Sports Fantasy site at the defensive efficiency of all the backrowers currently playing for Australian franchises who had attempted at least 100 tackles in Super competition since 2008. Chris Alcock's stats do not look good:

Pocock 5.5% of tackles attempted were missed
Saffy 6.1
Lipman 7.1
Elsom 7.8
Hooper 8.9
Hpdgson 9.5
Samo 11.0
Brown 11.2
McCalman 11.5
Dennis 11.8
Fainga'a 12.3
Robinson 12.8
Palu 13.8
Schatz 14.8
Chamberlain 15.5
Mowen 15.6
Higginbotham 17.7
Alcock 20.9

David Pocock's figures are quite extraordinary. By comparison Richie McCaw's percentage of missed tackles is 9.3.

Pat McCutcheon who is contesting the 7 position with Chris Alcock has attempted 91 tackles of which he has missed 11.0%.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Joe, obviously I am not equipped to answer on behalf of the Peninsula Pundit but I had a look on the Fox Sports Fantasy site at the defensive efficiency of all the backrowers currently playing for Australian franchises who had attempted at least 100 tackles in Super competition since 2008. Chris Alcock's stats do not look good:

Pocock 5.5% of tackles attempted were missed
Saffy 6.1
Lipman 7.1
Elsom 7.8
Hooper 8.9
Hpdgson 9.5
Samo 11.0
Brown 11.2
McCalman 11.5
Dennis 11.8
Fainga'a 12.3
Robinson 12.8
Palu 13.8
Schatz 14.8
Chamberlain 15.5
Mowen 15.6
Higginbotham 17.7
Alcock 20.9

David Pocock's figures are quite extraordinary. By comparison Richie McCaw's percentage of missed tackles is 9.3.

Pat McCutcheon who is contesting the 7 position with Chris Alcock has attempted 91 tackles of which he has missed 11.0%.

If my memory is correct (happening less and less frequently these days) then the only player better than Pocock (but I don't think he played enough to get 100) was........Jono Jenkins.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unfortunately, Hawko, at this point Jono is not listed on the Fox Sports Fantasy site presumably because he is not contracted.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Thanks for reaffirming my man crush for David Pocock, Bruce. Thought you should know.

I'm glad you shared that with me, Jnor. You are probably aware that you are not alone on this site, with male members using his topless body as an avatar and women members talking about having to go to confession after thinking about him. If he had chosen to locate in Sydney I'm sure he would have had his own float by now. Move over, Kylie and Clover.

T

TOCC

pretty awesome stats for Pocock, sometimes players like Pocock who cover a lot of ground can have inflated 'missed tackle' statistics because they are physically close to a lot of action but may not always be in a position to make a effective tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.