• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Making sure the message gets through to those who run the joint.

Given the qualitywork they are doing, I suspect that the interns are still at school so they can nip back and use the screen printing facilities in the art room. A couple of thousand light blue stubby holders, a paper cut-out of a waratah and some red paint and they're in business.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd love to see some stats for the number of handling errors he's been associated with - we can debate their causes.
Dave Beat has a good point in relation to the better quality players he was with in ITM.
I see a lot more potential in Kingston.

from Fox Sports:

Betham: Minutes: 274, Tries: 1, runs: 32, Tackle busts: 19, offloads: 0, Line breaks: 4, tackles made: 11, tackles missed: 5, errors: 5

as a comparison

Kingston: Minutes: 165, tries: 0, runs:25, Tackle Busts: 5, offloads: 4, Line breaks: 1, Tackles made: 13, Tackles missed: 4, errors: 0

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Two of Betham's errors in one of the games (I think it was the Blues game) was when he hit the ball at a million miles an hour near the ruck and instead of getting a pop pass, the ball was hurled at his head.

They really weren't his fault. He has certainly made a few errors he shouldn't have though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Two of Betham's errors in one of the games (I think it was the Blues game) was when he hit the ball at a million miles an hour near the ruck and instead of getting a pop pass, the ball was hurled at his head.

They really weren't his fault. He has certainly made a few errors he shouldn't have though.
from Fox Sports:

Betham: Minutes: 274, Tries: 1, runs: 32, Tackle busts: 19, offloads: 0, Line breaks: 4, tackles made: 11, tackles missed: 5, errors: 5

as a comparison

Kingston: Minutes: 165, tries: 0, runs:25, Tackle Busts: 5, offloads: 4, Line breaks: 1, Tackles made: 13, Tackles missed: 4, errors: 0

But the stats do suggest Kingston is pretty reliable in comparison.
I can see that Betham has electricity that maybe Kingston is lacking.
In the long run I think they'll both be doing well to last more than a season as regular starters.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
with Turner lacking form and drew not yet signed I'd say Chieka has to keep both betham and kingston on the front burners for next year. With good game time this season and a decent pre season they could be good development players

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kingston is a 13 playing wing. With Horne moving to 12 (quite successfully) he is the obvious back up to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

We need to keep both

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
In my opinion I think it is time to let TPN and Palu go. Age, injuries and an inability to make any impact on a game, especially Palu, in the past couple of years indicates that the time has come for both. Lets have a look at blokes like Holloway and Roach, young and keen and with a great deal of talent.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I watched Eastwood play on the TV last weekend

Is Roach big enough for the big time?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)

Hmm. Interesting but not fully surprising, if true.

This is a dodgy online translation:

As shown Midi Olympique via his Twitter account, the Australian International Drew Mitchell of the Waratahs is committed with RC Toulon for the next two seasons. He joins his friend and former teammate Matt Giteau. The versatile player can move to the wing or back. Aged 29, he has 63 caps for the Wallabies.​
Whose twitter account is being referred to here in the bolded bit, Jauzy?

<edit> okay I see it here. Frog Rugby Journal

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Not surprising with his injury record the last few years. It does ease the traffic jam we've got in the outside backs department.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Bugger. He seems steadily getting back to his pre-injury form. I guess the big bucks are tempting to take. Interesting, though, that this announcement comes just after he was not invited to the logistics camp. I wonder if there is any correlation?

The big question, though, is who will AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) play dress-ups with now?

Reactions: BPC

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Dear Drew Mitchell,

I hear you are planning to make your choice on whether to accept an extension with the Waratahs or accept a contract offer with Toulon. Before you make that decision I'd like to put 2 names in front of you: Adam, and Scott. What a great Masters win that was. What a champion. What an AUSSIE Champion. It's not like he had to head overseas for his sport, is it? OK, well maybe there are better examples, but I'm sure you take my point. There's nothing like being an Australian representing your country. Think about it mate - the chance to play under a world class coach... OK, maybe another example; the chance to be in a great wallaby team environment with the likes of James O'Conner, Quade Cooper and Kurtley Beale...ummm...or to play in front of a sellout crowd in Sydney......

yeah, I'd take the money and play in the South of France too. Have fun, and good luck.

Sincerely,

rugbysmartarse

Status
Not open for further replies.