• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Have a lottery at games. Everyone with a ticket in the draw. Winner gets like $100k.

If it filled the stadium it'd be worth it. How many people buy lottery tickets every week? And the probability of winning $100k in Oz Lotto or Powerball would be much worse than 1/40,000!
But the real odds of 1/15000 its a steal.. pity after the first week Jason Allen would be broke.. god knows what would happen in the rain

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
what a massive opportunity to throw away. We killed ourselves in the first 10 minutes by throwing that extra pass that then goes to ground when we made a break. Maybe its me, but i feel like we have done that virtually every game this season.
In the first 4 games it worked.

They look tentative, not fully expecting a pass, then dropping one if it comes.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well he has said if it rains the Tahs will go Broke .. How you let a business get to a stage were the rain dictates your business survive and the ask your fans to complain for you..

Oh and keep your job is beyound me.

So if this SFS doesnt shape up would tahs fans want to go on the road around sydney and are there grounds big enough. Would you guys hate that ?

The way the crowds are going we'll be back at Concord Oval.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
what a massive opportunity to throw away. We killed ourselves in the first 10 minutes by throwing that extra pass that then goes to ground when we made a break. Maybe its me, but i feel like we have done that virtually every game this season. Are they not trying to improve this or do they truly believe the unsighted flick pass to a runner who isn't quite there is a safe option.

And it's getting worse every week, not better.

And even worse than that, there seemed to be no on-field correction to what was happening. The 1st half just meandered along following the same pattern. Mostly when the camera pans to the captain, he's either looking at the ground or standing with his hands on his hips.

Then straight after half time we catch a kick-off which was heading into row F of the grandstand. Which brings me to the next point - why is the outside centre now the designated kick-off receiver?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
But the real odds of 1/15000 its a steal.. pity after the first week Jason Allen would be broke.. god knows what would happen in the rain

You can't put that performance on Jason Allen, shit if your looking at last nights game he has a tough gig.

I am not a coach, most posters are seeing the same frustrations and concerns - watching the brumbies game straight after, we are worlds apart

T

Train Without a Station

Interesting that whilst blasting Allen for omitting facts, she does herself. Notably the izzy Folau photo op miss and the complaints about service being all season, not due to one game.

The bloke is doing a fucked job? But judging by what I ready in this thread the Tahs could be top of the ladder, selling out Allianz every week and making millions a year and people would be complaining that they can't get tickets or something.

All year there's been complaints about the service at Allianz. Allen clearly recognising this has spoken to the SCGT but is really cannot do a lot so emails all members advising what they can do in order to highlight the issue with SCGT.

Possibly fairly, every says it's a cop out, he's trying to get the fans to do his job. So he starts taking the fight to them in public and suddenly he's going about it wrong, shouldn't be making noise in the media, etc

You'd have to think the recommendation to email SCGT and then public comments likely came about from lack of response by SCGT.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rebecca Wilson can take her pro-league agenda and stick it up her whiny bogan arse.

Her only salient point is that Allen is not invested in the game, just a job, so time to flick him. The homebush deal surely can't be compensating for 30% attendance at SFS, particularly as we're not getting consecutive "home" games as a result.

We desperately need some passes to stick - again this week we dropped the ball and lost the game when it could so easily have been won with four tries. Add another 6 points to our ladder total and we're sitting in 2nd ahead of the Ponies, right behind the now-collapsing Shorks.

FUCK!

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
We desperately need some passes to stick - again this week we dropped the ball and lost the game when it could so easily have been won with four tries. Add another 6 points to our ladder total and we're sitting in 2nd ahead of the Ponies, right behind the now-collapsing Shorks.

FUCK!

6 points? 4 for the win + 1 for 4 tries ?? I had a big night last night so bear with me but I'm confused ;)

I watched the game on delay after knowing the score. So many times I found myself saying 'well i know they aren't going to score here so how are they going to mess it up this time?' So many breaks, it looked like they were going to romp over the try line repeatedly!
How can a team go from the way they played in the 1st few games to the way they have played in the last few?
I have no doubt they will come back though, if they get that basic skill right they are definitely a threat.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Interesting that whilst blasting Allen for omitting facts, she does herself. Notably the izzy Folau photo op miss and the complaints about service being all season, not due to one game.

True she has made some factual errors in her article, but it's correct to point out that Jason Allen has been CEO since 2010, he's got no rugby background at all and he seems to have no idea how to market the game. She's a league journo, jumping on the bandwagon to kick rugby while we're down. But let's not forget that our decline is almost entirely self-inflicted and it's occurred during the time of Allen's leadership. My view is that the good old GPS chaps on the board are quite happy to have an ineffectual CEO as it preserves their own power bases.

My criticism of his recent comments on the SCGT is that this is pretty much the first that the supporters have heard from him in almost 4 years. He has a point about the SFS, but it's not why fans are staying away.

As an aside, those hoping for an Aus/NZ rugby championship excluding SAF teams are going to be disappointed if reports that NZRFU want SAF in are correct.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Rebecca Wilson can take her pro-league agenda and stick it up her whiny bogan arse.

Her only salient point is that Allen is not invested in the game, just a job, so time to flick him. The homebush deal surely can't be compensating for 30% attendance at SFS, particularly as we're not getting consecutive "home" games as a result.

FUCK!

Don't shoot the messenger: I'm no fan of Ms Wilson but in this instance people who have actually endured (a) the NSWRU mismanagement over decades and (b) the crap food at both venues agree with her.
A problem is that the trust controls the contracting: I suspect that RU fans wold prefer the beer to taste of beer and to have some reasonable food options - you'd be better off letting McDonalds have a franchise than what is on offer.
Did posters know of the redundancies announced this week? Sheez.
The demise of Australian rugby as reported here and in the press is becoming a self fulfilling prophesy.
Its not that the passes need to stick most of the dropped ones should never have been thrown.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
Ok, so this is just my opinion based on what I have seen recently. I admire anyone who is able to beat personal demons like Beale has, I know how much strength of character that can take. So this is not meant as an attack on him, just some concerns ...
Every time I watch Beale at the moment he seems to be getting the shits with his team mates. It looked like he was having a go after the mess up in goal last night, despite being involved himself. He blames others for not catching his crappy passes and its someone else's fault if he drops the ball. He even gets shitty about being tackled.
A player like that can do a lot of damage in a team, especially when they are billed as one of the stars. A few weeks ago I watched him rip into one of his team mates who was a young guy making his debut. How must it feel for that kid? Beale needs to pull his head right now and get over himself. Otherwise, and I don't usually like to bring up past incidents when a player has tried to move on, but I wouldnt be at all surprised to one day hear about another incident similar to that on the team bus in SA last year with the Rebels.

The Tahs are not playing as a team. They look like a group of guys who has each been built up to be a star in their own right, not as a team. Each of the backs seemed to be trying to pull off a match winner rather than focussing on the basics or looking around them.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
True she has made some factual errors in her article, but it's correct to point out that Jason Allen has been CEO since 2010, he's got no rugby background at all

some us, including you I thought, were suggesting that someone without "a rugby background" is exactly what we need - albeit when the Pulveriser was being measured for his ARU blazer

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Beale is at least playing with a bit of passion. More than one can say about many of his team-mates.

I have been critical of some of the selections, notably Phipps, Foley, and Dennis. The ship is sinking, Cheika. Get rid of some of the ballast.

I would prefer to see Jed Holloway given a start at 8. I would move Beale to 10. Horne to 12. As for Phipps, I reckon there are several better halves around in club rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.