• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
1. Truck of money.

2. Get it.

3. Drive it to Israel Folau's house.

4. Leave it.

I think the Lions series could be the decider for him. Running onto the pitch in front of 50 odd thousand at Suncorp with the Lions fans going off could have him truly appreciate where he is and what he could be in Rugby. I'm talking something I don't attach to a player like as its thrown around all too often especially in League but, a superstar. He is so far ahead of SBW in his development in the game it's not even remotely funny. If SBW is big, Folau could be huge.

Oh, and make that two trucks.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Unfortunately, I doubt money is the issue

That's why I think the Lions series could be the clincher for him. Seeing what is on offer from Rugby in terms of the game, its history and events and the opportunity to play in a World Cup of note could sway his mind to staying in the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe the SA trip next week will also play a part, not sure if he's travelled much but definitely something unique to rugby. Can go to SA, Argentina, France, Ireland, UK, Italy all in one year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Maybe the SA trip next week will also play apart, not sure if he's travelled much but definitely something unique to rugby. Can go to SA, Argentina, France, Ireland, UK, Italy all in one year.

Yeah, running out on to Loftus will give him a taste of what the game truly means in others parts of the world.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Wasn't the Travel a negative for Tahu? Some guys don't like leaving their families constantly. I'm not saying that's the case here but not every one like visiting hotel rooms and training fields in 5 countries every year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Wasn't the Travel a negative for Tahu? Some guys don't like leaving their families constantly. I'm not saying that's the case here but not every one like visiting hotel rooms and training fields in 5 countries every year.

Yes, but there's a difference between the two. Tahu had a family and didn't like the prospect of being away from his wife and kids for extended periods while Folau hasn't as far as I am aware.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe the SA trip next week will also play apart, not sure if he's travelled much but definitely something unique to rugby. Can go to SA, Argentina, France, Ireland, UK, Italy all in one year.

The Waratahs should make sure they go on a safari, go shark watching in a shark cage and do whatever other great touristy things there are.

Experiencing that sort of stuff with a rugby team could really show Izzy what the travel opportunities in rugby can bring relative to the other codes.

T

TOCC

If that was the case why would he have walked out on over 1m a year playing AFL?

Because he realised staying in a code which he was no good at was going to be at the detriment of his future earning.. He obviously didn't have a future in the code, he needed to cut his losses and the more he played in lower grade Aussie Rules matches the lower his value was going to be when he wanted to return to rugby league..

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think it is about more than money, as its been said this trip to SA can show him the perks of being a pro rugby player. We'll just need the other lads with him to mutter "Wouldn't get this in league" whilst they are on safari/diving with sharks.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I know from a little bird that it is, in fact, about the money. The NRL and its cronies spat on $BW when he left, and were up in arms about the supposed deal Folau had with Parramatta.

They took Money Bill back with open legs; they'll do the same for Izzy

Status
Not open for further replies.