• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It appears after his contract ended with the Rebels he signed with the Tahs after not going to Bayonne and because he was a Rebels 2014 player he has not played for Manly this year

T

Train Without a Station

He was also on a "Supplementary Contract" at the Rebels which meant he was neither part of the 30 or the EPS. My understanding is that these were for shorter periods. Steve Faulau's for example ended during the season.

ISA Follower

Frank Nicholson (4)
It appears after his contract ended with the Rebels he signed with the Tahs after not going to Bayonne and because he was a Rebels 2014 player he has not played for Manly this year

Thanks for answering my query. Much appreciated.

I note however that Lalakai played third grade for Manly on last Saturday in the Preliminary final against Eastwood at Manly Oval.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ah was nt aware I just know he hasn't played 1sts so I assume they don't want/need him. You wouldn't miss the 7s for 3rd grade

T

TOCC

Must be a few pissed off NRC teams, probably won't have these players back on deck until a few days before the tournament starts...

I'm not sure this tournament should be taking a priority over the NRC.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think the Waratahs would be more pissed off about the unavailability of the best players through the Shute Shield finals..

NRC clubs could barely care, it's only a couple from each team and they have massive squads.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Who are they missing due to Shute Shield? Matt Lucas, Ben Volavola maybe Jed Holloway. Hugh Roach could have possibly gone too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's obviously Pat McCutcheon who started his career in 7s. Paul Asquith, Matt Lucas, Afa Pakalani and Alex Gibbon have all played Aussie 7s at some stage so you'd think they'd be first picked. I'd take Volavola over Horwitz as the playmaker and Mark Swanopoel over Josh Holmes. Jed would be very good, he scored an intercept try last week with two wingers chasing him with no head start. He has plenty of toe.

Carraro woud've been good as an experienced head on tour same as Hoiles. Not sure why either weren't considered.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Hey guys just a general question post gf: have you seen any Tahs or coaching staff interviewed for TV or radio programs? Understand Cheika was on the 730 report, but I wanted to hear if anything had appeared anywhere else...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Results are poor from the 7s but hard to be critical given the timing after the Super rugby final. Literally no prep.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Waratahs beat Saracens 24-19 in extra time to win the shield final in the Limerick 7's.

Saracens had a chance to win it at the end of normal time with a penalty goal attempt from in front but as he lined it up the hooter went off and ended up with one of the worst attempts ever.

Waratahs should thank the person operating it.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
been told that benji marshals little brother was invited to play for the tahs but couldn't go because he couldn't find his passport

Status
Not open for further replies.