• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So are the Tahs planning to announce their actual full squad in the near future?

You would think they would actually know who they have signed by now and have them in pre season fitness training

Or is it some stupid marketing/PR clown's job to create an "event" that no one has communicated

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
So are the Tahs planning to announce their actual full squad in the near future?

You would think they would actually know who they have signed by now and have them in pre season fitness training

Or is it some stupid marketing/PR clown's job to create an "event" that no one has communicated

Spare a though for the Tahs media interns who have probably buggered it all up after getting confused.

With the absolute directive that the universe. and all within it, and especially all Tah marketing must revolve around Folau, what do you do when the centrepiece is in Japan? From reading their facebook status, the poor interns had just finished counselling, and dusted off the life-size cardboard cut-out ready and then getting a tweet that he was back in town, no longer destined for the little country that could - neh did.

The poor interns would have just finished breaking out the passion-pop to toast his return, and for saving their careers and preventing the end of the world ....then to have the horror of finding out he is back for surgery, a cruel trick!

I believe the interns were last seen wearing tinfoil hats, pondering the universe, how to market an indestructible. super human, messiah who is damaged and unavailable and asking random strangers near the Tah's headquarters " .....ah...um, "do you know any of the...ah..what-do-you-call-them? ...ah teamy-people; the others who wear the same as Issy when they play together....pleaseee, help us....just one name......." #tahnouncement

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
So Waratahs has extended its partnership with Volvo for 3 seasons.

How long is the contract with Canterbury? I really like CCC as rugby brand

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Nothing wrong with Volvo, either. Particularly strong in the big commercial area, a lot of trucks and prime movers.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

It would seem they're no longer the major sponsor.........
The NSW Waratahs have today announced the signing of a three-year partnership agreement with Daikin Australia who will become the club’sPrincipal Partner. The Daikin brand will appear on the front of the NSW Waratahs match jersey from the 2016 season onwards.

The Daikin Waratahs?

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...68/DAIKIN-JOIN-TAHS-AS-PRINCIPAL-PARTNER.aspx

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
It would seem they're no longer the major sponsor...

The Daikin Waratahs?

http://www.waratahs.com.au/Waratahs...68/DAIKIN-JOIN-TAHS-AS-PRINCIPAL-PARTNER.aspx

Seems like the Tahs and Wallabies have gone away from naming rights sponsors. We were never the 'Volvo Waratahs', and although the Wallabies are still with Qantas, notice their Facebook/Twitter handles all changed from "Qantas Wallabies" to just "Wallabies", similarly when we lost HSBC, we just became the "NSW Waratahs"

T

TOCC

Interesting addition of Daikin as a sponsor, i wonder how much influence the addition of Japan in Super Rugby has had on their decision to sponsor the team.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
One possible positive is that he will get a longer off season as he will miss a large part of the Japanese season and should be fresh for super rugby.

Word on the street is that Izzy only has essentially a bone spur on the back of his heel which causes him issues pushing off the foot. The extra "recovery" time was to get out of his Japanese contract.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Seems like the Tahs and Wallabies have gone away from naming rights sponsors. We were never the 'Volvo Waratahs', and although the Wallabies are still with Qantas, notice their Facebook/Twitter handles all changed from "Qantas Wallabies" to just "Wallabies", similarly when we lost HSBC, we just became the "NSW Waratahs"

I am quite sure if someone threw enough money at them they would again bend over and self lubricate

Status
Not open for further replies.