• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
New Jersey looks better than last years, imo.
Yeah. Last years were all over the shop (anyone who disagrees can get one at 70% off) and like the understated design but jeez, I agree with others about the collar being odd. I'll reserve judgement until I see one on a player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Tahs confirm move from Moore Park to UNSW at Davyville... bit concerning for the tahs that the media release makes no mention of facility upgrades or improvements... whilst the facilities are decent, they aren’t exactly of the standard you would expect of a professional sporting team these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs confirm move from Moore Park to UNSW at Davyville. bit concerning for the tahs that the media release makes no mention of facility upgrades or improvements. whilst the facilities are decent, they aren’t exactly of the standard you would expect of a professional sporting team these days

"Dave Philips" was upgraded significantly in 2010/11. The quality of the playing fields (and the availability of an all-weather synthetic pitch) are a big improvement in terms of them being suitable for training on for a professional team. I don't know what they are doing as far as a gym is concerned though. That will be elsewhere. In terms of the field they usually train on, I don't think it will be inferior to the area used previously by them and the Roosters outside the SFS. If anything, I'd say it would be better.

T

TOCC

Synthetic pitch is potentially the main improvement, I don’t think the other training pitch is be any better then Kippax and Tramway oval, but they do have less teams to share with now which adds flexibility to the schedule.

Still there’s no gym or pool, there’s no medical or physio facilities, they’ll have to commandeer space in the old rugby club just for changing rooms..

Long term it has potential if they can get funding to develop it further, in the mean time it’s lacking.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Synthetic pitch is potentially the main improvement, I don’t think the other training pitch is be any better then Kippax and Tramway oval, but they do have less teams to share with now which adds flexibility to the schedule.

Still there’s no gym or pool, there’s no medical or physio facilities, they’ll have to commandeer space in the old rugby club just for changing rooms..

Long term it has potential if they can get funding to develop it further, in the mean time it’s lacking.

Des Renford pool complex is nearby - they might be able to do a deal to block off some time there. It's a pretty good facility (from this casual swimmer's POV). ;)

T

TOCC

Make no sense to move from Moore Park then, they could have retained their current offices and just walked next door to use RA training facilities...

If they did, It certainly wouldn’t help the criticism that the Tahs are offered preferential treatment by RA though.

T

TOCC

Ok it makes more sense now, not sure why they didn’t mention this in their initial press release.. there are actually long term plans for a new gym and office facilities, some of which are already U/C.

05bceba0a5c1adad686e1df845537a59.jpg

41be359b17adc7eac97d19e16cc1350d.jpg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If they did, It certainly wouldn’t help the criticism that the Tahs are offered preferential treatment by RA though.

We have to hold some common sense through this. Waratahs are a key franchise between home grounds. I'd be damned irritated if the ARU facilities weren't offered if they were in Brisbane. Or to the Brumbies if they were in ACT. Melbourne etc.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We have to hold some common sense through this. Waratahs are a key franchise between home grounds. I'd be damned irritated if the ARU facilities weren't offered if they were in Brisbane. Or to the Brumbies if they were in ACT. Melbourne etc.

In a perverse way, you're right, but in some ways I am glad the Waratahs are moving away. The ARU got a windfall to build a new HQ, and I won't debate again whether the money was used well (that's been done elsewhere) but it would make fiscal sense to maximise the use of the windfall now that they have built something. But I think the stink that would create outweighs the benefit, and I get why rugby fans from elsewhere would see it as such. Probably best to have some distance.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
In a perverse way, you're right, but in some ways I am glad the Waratahs are moving away. The ARU got a windfall to build a new HQ, and I won't debate again whether the money was used well (that's been done elsewhere) but it would make fiscal sense to maximise the use of the windfall now that they have built something. But I think the stink that would create outweighs the benefit, and I get why rugby fans from elsewhere would see it as such. Probably best to have some distance.
Its not as though people are going to stop thinking that the Tahs get preferential treatment. The Tahs will cop it anyway. They might as well save some pennies and use the available facilities. You can't say you'll be broke in three years and then not take every effort to save cash somewhere.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In other news, Seb Wileman (Warringah Rats 13) is in the new announcement videos.

Thoughts on him as a prospect? He's a big lad.

T

TOCC

Its not as though people are going to stop thinking that the Tahs get preferential treatment. The Tahs will cop it anyway. They might as well save some pennies and use the available facilities. You can't say you'll be broke in three years and then not take every effort to save cash somewhere.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Ultimately RA’d new facilities aren’t designed for it so it’s a moot point anyway, they weren’t built to host the additional staff of the Waratahs or the 36 extra players.

I’ve had my criticisms of the new facilities and the way the money was spent, so won’t go into them again here, but cramming an extra team in there would come with diminishing returns for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.