• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Slipper is a loosehead. Whilst he would've been handy we don't really need LHs.

I disagree. He was sorely needed last year when he was available. Robertson was injured and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was just starting. This year he could be teaching Bell.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I disagree. He was sorely needed last year when he was available. Robertson was injured and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) was just starting. This year he could be teaching Bell.
My mail was that he never wanted to play for NSW because he dislikes them from years of being a Red and shopped himself to the other franchises. He would have been a good pick up, but was never likely to happen, and not because of some Gibson/Hoare midget conspiracy

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
My mail was that he never wanted to play for NSW because he dislikes them from years of being a Red and shopped himself to the other franchises. He would have been a good pick up, but was never likely to happen, and not because of some Gibson/Hoare midget conspiracy

You could say the same thing about Rob Simmons but hey he is the Tahs Captain.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You could say the same thing about Rob Simmons but hey he is the Tahs Captain.

And you could also say that the other Australian Super Rugby sides had far less need for locks than the Tahs. So even if Simmons would have preferred to go elsewhere he might not have had the choice.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
And you could also say that the other Australian Super Rugby sides had far less need for locks than the Tahs. So even if Simmons would have preferred to go elsewhere he might not have had the choice.
So it is possible to go somewhere even if you didn't want to? Exactly.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Slipper is a very good player. I want every player of his quality to be wearing a blue jumper, and the other Australian sides to be reduced to shells of their former selves with rosters full of B-grade losers.

But wish as I may, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Sometimes good players will choose to play elsewhere.

Of all the accusations that can be levelled at the Waratahs administration, missing James Slipper is pretty low on the (long) list in my opinion.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

Yeah, Slipper was always a real torch bearer for the hate and always seemed very genuine in it. I would've been amazed if he ended up at the tahs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BH is saying that Simmons had no options and Slipper did isn't he? A bit of a different situation. You don't go somewhere you don't want to go unless you've exhausted your options

And the Rebels needed a LH prop more than the Tahs.........

Slipper probably should've wound up down there, but botching those negotiations doesn't really top the list of that organisation's fuck ups.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
BH is saying that Simmons had no options and Slipper did isn't he? A bit of a different situation. You don't go somewhere you don't want to go unless you've exhausted your options

So Simmons had no other options?? Could have gone elsewhere but didn't. The point is a player can go somewhere he never thought he would.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
The whole point is the Tahs have been a mess for many years due to Gibson and Co for Gibson's poor recruitment, game plan and his stupid energizer light and mobile pack which kept getting owned.
Penney has said he wants size so he can see the problem with the pack.
I have been told on here no one was available but there were.
Now Penney has inherited a mess left to him by Gibson and Hoare.
This has been years in the making which should have been stopped several years ago but it was supported which now leads to yet another season of woe for Tahs fans.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
The whole point is the Tahs have been a mess for many years due to Gibson and Co for Gibson's poor recruitment, game plan and his stupid energizer light and mobile pack which kept getting owned.

Penney has said he wants size so he can see the problem with the pack.

I have been told on here no one was available but there were.

Now Penney has inherited a mess left to him by Gibson and Hoare.

This has been years in the making which should have been stopped several years ago but it was supported which now leads to yet another season of woe for Tahs fans.

You haven't provided any options as to who was available, apart from bringing up Slipper and incorrectly labelling him as immobile, and who wouldn't make a material difference to the side. Who are these options?

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
You haven't provided any options as to who was available, apart from bringing up Slipper and incorrectly labelling him as immobile, and who wouldn't make a material difference to the side. Who are these options?

Go back a few pages I listed a few

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

I said light AND mobile. Slipper is mobile but not light hence not both