• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
They played all the way through junior rugby together. 10/12/15. I think the best way forward is to find a space for both of them in the term. Harrison for his X factor, Donaldson for his control.

Donaldson looks a lot more robust to me, which should be a big advantage at the elite level.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wayne smith in his weekly smh column summed up how I felt with the last tahs game (Ie fairy floss).

What to expect this week...don’t know as I am perplexed as I really don’t know how to process last weeks result...as sure 7 tries and 48 points scored but how can they make such big improvements in attack but not defence..like only left hand side of brain clicked but right hand side of brain stayed asleep.Wayne’s article below for those days interested. And thank goodness Wayne not retired as that was one change in my rugby dimension that was not so happy to accept after many years as regular column reader...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ting-next-waratahs-coach-20210517-p57skt.html

Alex Ross (28)
Wayne smith in his weekly smh column summed up how I felt with the last tahs game (Ie fairy floss).

What to expect this week.don’t know as I am perplexed as I really don’t know how to process last weeks result.as sure 7 tries and 48 points scored but how can they make such big improvements in attack but not defence..like only left hand side of brain clicked but right hand side of brain stayed asleep.Wayne’s article below for those days interested. And thank goodness Wayne not retired as that was one change in my rugby dimension that was not so happy to accept after many years as regular column reader.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ting-next-waratahs-coach-20210517-p57skt.html

Against the Canes, the Tahs only conceded 7 turnovers from 135 carries. Also, only 6 penalties in the game. Spilling the ball and poor discipline were 2 of the biggest handbrakes on the team this year. So despite the terrible defence. That last game was a massive step in the right direction.

Grumble all you like if you wish. But I rather focus on the other half of the glass. I think the team should feel better about their game than the Rebels and Reds.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Against the Canes, the Tahs only conceded 7 turnovers from 135 carries. Also, only 6 penalties in the game. Spilling the ball and poor discipline were 2 of the biggest handbrakes on the team this year. So despite the terrible defence. That last game was a massive step in the right direction.

Grumble all you like if you wish. But I rather focus on the other half of the glass. I think the team should feel better about their game than the Rebels and Reds.

Fair enough mate I said I am perplexed but I also continue to support the tahs despite performances as I still go to many games as I can (attended 3 games last season in super rugby au and last Friday’s game with plans to attend more). Perplexed is better then just defeated and I appreciate you giving stats to feel more upside as given I have been one of the few thousand who still loyally attend games this and in recent seasons certainly want to feel hope for the tahs more then most.

I could be just part of the bigger majority who have deserted the tahs but actually if you see my posts I still offer praise as well as criticism and sure maybe more criticism but we might just want to remember where the tahs are and yes I still support them and regularly go to tahs games. And you?

Ps early to say whether we should feel better then rebels but for sure feel better as tahs fan then rebels fan for last round. But vs being a Reds fan - r u kidding they just won super Rugby au so 1 bad week vs tahs losses all season ain’t a comparison.

PPS read Wayne’s article as I was merely agreeing with Wayne’s sentiment

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Whenever they are at Bankwest. I’m one of those Western Sydney neglected supporters who is still hanging on.
Glad to hear your part of the club hanging on...hopefully good times ahead and this is certainly fixable as bigger rugby nursery and sometimes just need to highlight how big a problem that needs priority fixing. I think we have that now with lot of clean out of old guard.

PPS as part of the western Sydney based neglected supporter base you deserve a bonus point!

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Whenever they are at Bankwest. I’m one of those Western Sydney neglected supporters who is still hanging on.

Yeah, well I'm a regional supporter (south coast), so it doesn't matter where in Sydney the game is, it's bloody difficult to get to for me! I'm still hanging on, and looking forward to the game at Wollongong next weekend.

As much as Western Sydney feels neglected, what about the rest of NSW??

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Everything south-west of Wollongong is Brumbies territory. I believe the Central West were close to swapping over at the start of this season

Yeah, but I'm south-east of Wollongong.

Anyway, I'm sure NSW isn't just Newcastle - Sydney - Wollongong, so I get a bit frustrated when those who are in the Greater Sydney area bitch and moan about if something is held on the right or wrong side of South Dowling Street.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yeah, but I'm south-east of Wollongong.

Anyway, I'm sure NSW isn't just Newcastle - Sydney - Wollongong, so I get a bit frustrated when those who are in the Greater Sydney area bitch and moan about if something is held on the right or wrong side of South Dowling Street.

Kiama, Gerringong, Berry?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
The tahs did a great tour through the Central West during their break. I can't work out how to copy and paste from facebook, but its all up on there.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Thought the result wasn’t as bad considering the last minute changes and injuries during the game. Can’t see us playing Donaldson and Harrison in the front line as they’re both a bit small. Losing Perese made a difference, we lacked go forward without him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought Harrison was excellent. He's small but gee he's not afraid to put a tackle on a big player and also get in over the ball when there's an opportunity.

Turner certainly didn't do himself any favours on debut. It was a tough ask but he barely laid a tackle and kept falling over.

Losing Perese then Foketi certainly hurt.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I guess I’m more thinking of combinations to fit those 2 in the backline. Splitting them between 10/15 is a better option than 10/12 if we were to start them both. It’s not a bad problem to have having playmaking options with edmed in the mix too.
I agree harrisons willing, he hit one guy so hard you could hear it in the coverage. Just in tandem it gives the big kiwi backs to many targets for passive defence and front foot ball. I think the scoreline would’ve been better with our best recent 12/13 combo in the backs. Still happy they showed a bit of grit after last week's effort.